Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Missa
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

Three months out and stressed

Missa, on May 13, 2019 at 14:23 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
I was doing really well before this weekend. And then my future SIL told me she never ordered the dress for her daughter who is a junior bridesmaid and now it’s too late and that I just had to figure out something else.

And then my friend started planning my bachelorette party and we had agreed on planning a bunch of different activities that people could sign up for because everyone is crazy busy. That completely backfired because my friends seemed to think that they were obligated to attend every single activities and they were messaging me about how it was too much etc and if we went with this idea everyone was going to be mad at me.

It only just just made me want to forget about the whole bachelorette and get married already. I know everyone experience frustration when planning a wedding but I just don’t know how to deal with the pressure of everyone involved.

It gets better, right? haha

16 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on May 16, 2019 at 08:55
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is the weekend before you and I totally understand! I asked HF the other day if it was to late to elope ( cue eye rolling) . I took that as a yes haha !!

As for the dress im not sure where your from but my town as a TON of facebook groups of people selling wedding things they no longer need might find on on there

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having a Bridal Shower, that I planned and a friend is having it at her Country home, Buck & Doe my Bestman and Son Roger took care of it.

Ok I understand many people think it's all about giving, not at all it's about Having a Special Day with the ones you Love. Brides understand it more then anyone. Smiley smile

I laugh it off, I think about things that don't have anything to do with the Wedding, or I do things I enjoy.

• Autumn
    Beginner May 2019 British Columbia
    Autumn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can she buy one off the rack? Most stores will let you but they don't tell you that. We had David's bridal call around to all the stores to see who had a certain dress or a certain colour and then they just shipped it. Took about a week to get to the house

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally get the stress from all the things involved before the wedding! We're having a low-key bachelorette party 2 nights before since it's the only time we can all get together. My mom is organizing a shower in August and that alone is stressing me out - but I know afterwards I'll be closer to my wedding!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Things will get better as you get through the planning and have to hear your wedding party whine about what is too much for them. Just put your foot down and say it as it is since its your wedding. They can't dictate any final decisions until you say yes.

Its hard to believe SIL forgot about the dress so late in and didn't even come to you sooner. At least you know its going to be ok and getting it done finally.

Don't give up and just brush off any feeling that will come your way. At the end, you will just remember the good times and not focus on what went wrong.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! It will get better!
    I plan on going with my future SIL when she orders her daughters flower girl dress just so I know it’s ordered! That is seriously super stressful for someone to forget it.
    I find there is always stress with a bachelorette. But it can only go up from here!
  • Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No apology... Just a let me know when you find another dress lol.

And yes, it always blows my mind when I realize how people are opinionated about other people’s weddings etc. The bachelorette are just so complicated to plan. Different group of friends trying to come together doesn’t always workout
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

WOW! I can't believe FSIL neglected to do that. I would be quite upset and have some words. I hope there was an actual apology or something. Finding a complimentary color will work out though.

Oh bachelorette drama! I remember planning my best friends (I was her MoH) and I had no idea people could be so opinionated about things or make things super frustrating. I tried as best I could to leave the bride out of it and sort it out. We ended up having two bachelorettes as well.

It will all be ok and it won't matter much once you are married on and enjoy your amazing honeymoon!

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, my fiancé and I actually said yesterday that the silver lining was that we had no fights about this and we just can’t wait to be married. We are planning a great honeymoon to make up for the stress!

I definitely thought about just organizing it myself but at the end I think they will make it work. I think people panicked at first and then instead of talking it through they all messaged me ( and since I don’t know much about this it’s hard for me to fix it).
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So annoying! I made it clear from the start if they didn't get their dress in time that they are booted! lol, to be fair I also offered to lend money if they weren't able to dish out $200 at the time.

As for the bachelorette party - ughhhh, I hate that feeling of "I would be better off to plan this and execute it myself", but I'm sure after the headache of talking to her that she can organize it as it was supposed to be done.

Everything will be better when you even THINK of marrying the love of your life - I know that's all it takes for me to brighten up my mood Smiley smile

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I agree that might be an idea!! I hope you enjoy both events!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh for sure! I tried to with my bach and gave up. They ended up planning two because the wedding party didn't get along.. which in end will be more enjoyable for me as I want to enjoy and not feel tension!

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. I’m trying to focus ont he happy parts!! So much drama! All I wanted was to accommodate everyone lol that backfired. Unfortunately it’s too late to rush the dress. It would have been possible in March but it’s too close to the date now.. I’ll just try to find a complimentary color I guess!
  • Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! No there isn’t enough time left to order the dress. I asked them to do so in February but she only called this week and it takes 4 months... I am trying to find a complimentary color for her to wear..

As for the bachelorette, well people felt insulted that it wasn’t expected for them to spend the whole weekend. I just figured I would do it this way because my friends are mothers and some of my friends had already told me that they could only come to portions of it. It backfired though lol

I know at the end everything will come together but today my stress level is sky high
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The place you are ordering it from, are they able to rush it for an extra fee for it to be in?

I have found every bachorlette seems to have drama and everyone has a different price point. I would see if someone else in the wedding party could help the girl out and just mention people could sign up for different activities. Or give her ideas that might work better so people just have one day and just a few things and optional so you can spend it with everyone for that day.

Try to focus on the happy parts and let the rest fall into place!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s annoying that your FSIL didn’t get the dress for the junior bridesmaid. Is it possible to get the dress elsewhere? Or is it out of stock everywhere?

Bachelorettes are hard, especially if the invitees don’t know each other I find. Did your friend not communicate to the people you invited that people could sign up for what they wanted? Maybe it’s just a communication issue that can be clarified!

Dont stress! Everything will work out Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics