Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natasha
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

Thoughts on crowns/tiaras?

Natasha, on February 16, 2019 at 21:20 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 18
What’s your thoughts on wearing a crown/tiara on you wedding day? I’m on the fence with it. My first dress for my ceremony is ball gown and second is fitted. It would go with my wedding theme “the royal wedding” but I’m debating if it will be too much and love overdone or costume??

Whats your thoughts?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on February 1, 2022 at 10:16
  • Laura
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm wearing a crown for my wedding! It's the one day you can be a Queen lol plus my flower girls (2 and 5) are wearing tiaras too! Go for it!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey, it's here:
    https://topgracia.com/wedding-headpieces-collection/amara-silver-leaf-flower-bridal-tiara-wedding-crown

• Maude
    Curious March 2022 Ontario
    Maude ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where did you find your tiara? I am trying to find just like it but in gold?
  • Ashley
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love it! It’s your day girl do what you feel is best and follow your gut instinct.

• Deborah
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if you are planning on having a formal hairstyle (bun, chignon etc) and have a classic style dress then it would look great. Those larger ones can be a bit obnoxious though IMO. If it's e taller than Princess Kate's or MM's, say no lol.

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they can be classic, definitely not costume. There are a lot of delicate, tasteful ones.. It's whatever you want and what your style is

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tried on something like this, I never, and I mean NEVER thought I would like it, I thought the same thing until I put it on and saw myself in it, I just smiled lol!! There’s loads of options too, you can go from a big a glam as possible to pretty and modest type stuff and still have that effect. In my opinion ofcourse!

TiaraThoughts on crowns/tiaras? 1

Try one on with your dress if you can!

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG! If your theme is royal wedding, it’s only fitting! In my opinion you need one, but if you dont want one ofcourse you do you.

I think it would be gorgeous and its your special day, be special!!

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

MM my fiancee' wants me to wear a Veil I don't know i always wanted myself to wear a tiara/ crown too. So maybe little bit of both and that way we both win win

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love it, and it's pretty much the only time you can get to wear one. I'm wearing this one:

My tiaraThoughts on crowns/tiaras? 2

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have ALWAYS wanted to wear one...and then I changed my mind...and then my oldest friend got married and wore one and INSISTED that I borrow it for my own wedding. We'll see how it looks, but I'll probably wear it.
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Here it is.

Thoughts on crowns/tiaras? 3

Thoughts on crowns/tiaras? 4
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It can look smashing if the tiara compliments the dress and hair. Can we see what you're considering?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm for it! I personally went with a headband though (it's my signature look Smiley tongue ). If you wanted something that gives the look but not too much then I would do that.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not personally my style, but if it's something you'd like, try them on, and see how it feels.

One of the things that my FH decided from day one of our planning process is that neither one of us had any desire to feel like a "king or queen" for the day, so that helped nix a lot of traditions, like a crown/tiara, head table etc.

I always thought I'd want a birdcage veil, or flower crown, and as I get closer to the big day, I don't think I'll have either.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if you can find the right crown/tiara it can look amazing and if it fits your theme even better. I would definitely take a look you will know if you find the right one.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ehhh, I think it's really difficult for anyone to pull off a crown or tiara. You could totally do it, but how do you imagine looking back on your wedding photos? Do you think you might regret wearing one? Or regret NOT wearing one?

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it goes with your dress/theme, then I say go for it! When else are you going to be able to wear one and get away with it.
    Our flower girl (FH niece) really wants to wear one ( she’s 3 lol), I am going to try and find her one that fits our rustic theme.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics