Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Corabelle
Curious July 2021 Alberta

Theme

Corabelle, on May 18, 2019 at 22:15 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
My fiance and I have our colors, but are having a little trouble deciding on a theme. How did you decide on yours?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on May 21, 2019 at 16:20
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No theme for us Smiley smile The only thing that I could think to call it would be a theme of "us". We picked our favourite colours and called it a day!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t have a theme. Just picked things we liked. Basic decorations and resorted to the beauty of our venue!
  • Amie
    Devoted August 2019 British Columbia
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I took a few fun online quizzes! Haha. But ultimately I knew what I liked and what I didn’t like. The quizzes really just gave me the adjectives to describe my vision. Maybe try some of those!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't decide on a theme. It came together as we were planning everything lol.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would start online and see what style of wedding you're drawn to. Your colours will also influence it. Originally I wanted a royal honeybee themed wedding - think regal, with cream and gold colours and bee accents - but when I bought a dress with silver accents and flowers, that theme didn't feel right, so we switched it to "A Secret Garden" - one of my favourite books, and very fitting for a spring wedding!

• Corabelle
    Corabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That all sounds amazing! Hope your day turns out amazing
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started with an Anne of Green Gables era theme... but it’s become Mountains in the Valley.
    It all changed when I changed my dress from a classic dress with an Edwardian feel to it, and went for a whimsical ‘twirly’ dress instead.

We had originally hoped to have our wedding in the mountains, but logistically it wasn’t the best choice. So, we’re bringing the mountains to the Bow Valley Ranche House instead, with a mountain arch backdrop and stained glass mountains (made by my fiancé) as favours. I now get to be the fairy-princess bride I really wanted to be. 😊
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We thought about the overall vibe we wanted and we wanted our personalities to shine through so we decided to have a Harry potter theme but elegant so not having things we thought were to cheesy and not weddingy. I agree with the other girls, themes aren't necessary but they do make planning things more fun!
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think our theme will be mutt, lol.

There will be silver, woods, real flowers, maybe an antique element, hopefully small warm lights.

We don't have our colors yet cause I haven't found a dress (I am wanting a colored dress).

Our venue has minimal decorations.

• O
    Newbie July 2020 Greater London
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have been arguing for weeksSmiley heart

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A theme is definitely not a must, we kind of considered ours as rustic but definitely had other elements. We also tried to include the office wherever possible
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don’t hve a theme!

We just picked colours to go with for the day!
  • Corabelle
    Corabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That makes sense
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Holly. We weren’t really going for a theme once we chose our colours. But I love the rustic look, so we are going for a rustic chic look.
    You don’t need an over the top theme!
  • Corabelle
    Corabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks, that was very helpful 😊
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ypu don't need a theme, so if you can't think of one then that's fine! It's definitely not necessary. Maybe just come up with a style like... classy, elegant, rustic..stuff like that. But having a theme isn't necessary, unless by theme you mean style. But even that you don't really need one. You can just start planning and eventually one naturally develops.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics