Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Super September 2018 Alberta

The men's suits

Michelle, on March 9, 2018 at 00:42 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 22

So big day is about 6 months away and Groom & groom's men haven't really made an effort to shop for their suites. They will be renting from Moore's (FH thinks). I told him we should go in April/May to look around and he said that he will go in June as it's not like buying a dress where you need to try them on then rent.

My questions is: Is June cutting it too close when the wedding is in Sept? Or am I just stressing over nothing?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on March 11, 2018 at 17:00
  • Sarah
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just went to Moore's for our guys and we're getting married in August. They're all very tall so we wanted to make sure we could get suits for them and didn't have to shop around. They told me to come in separately from him to choose style/colours but I brought him with me and got him sized at the same time. They then gave us a code to give to our groomsmen (and anyone else who needs suits) so they can go get sized at any Moore's. I like that it's taken care of and that it's stress free now... and we can change colours and stuff if necessary until something like a month before.

The sooner you can get this stuff taken care of the better in my opinion! There will be enough to worry about in the last few weeks! Smiley smile

Sarah

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We didn't go with full suits so the price would be different, plus we received a discount from going to a wedding show here in Thunder Bay.

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Could I ask what the price difference would be between the two?
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You should look into custom suits through Moore's. It was cheaper for us to do that than it was for us to rent. I think June will be okay. We are just under three months and our groomsmen still haven't been in. Everything should take no longer than 6 weeks to come in.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Moores said that they generally like it when people come in a couple months before. I was looking for suits in January for a July wedding and they said we could rent them but that's generally really early. However, if you have really tall men (like my brothers -6ft5 or 6ft6) then I would say rent ASAP otherwise you should be okay because they generally ship around the cities). We didn't end up going with Moores just because we didn't like the selection and at the other place we went with, it was cheaper and my fiancé gets his suit rental for free.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Renting doesn't take long to get in for men suits. June is still a long way to go. Beginning of the month is better and can go try in a week when it arrives. You're ok and on the wait.

My husband waited 2 weeks before realizing je didn't have a suit to wear. That was the time to panic and get worried.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH is going in June and or wedding is in September. Now I'm kinda concern now too
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It took us 2 hours as we were weighing out all the different options
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went through Moore’s and our wedding is in August and they suggested the guys come in around April.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just make him do it lol! My FH is the same way where I have to tell him that these tasks need to be completed on a timeline, no questions asked!
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

100% agreed. Gonna start being on his butt about this

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I said! And he's like "why you stressing? Don't worry it won't take that long to do it..." ahhhh!!

• Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely. Smiley smile The sooner we have an idea the better Smiley smile Thank you

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would think of going sooner than later just in case they run out of stock.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Why not do it sooner than later? 1 month is really risking it.
  • Krystal
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Krystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi,
    Our wedding is in August and we just went and got my fiance sized for his suit. We're renting from Black and Lee's and the lady said we have up until a month before the wedding to get all the guys sized for the rentals. We're not going to wait that long because I'm paranoid but I hope that helps.
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good point if I have to I'll go inquire by mself without him haha
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ours is pretty peak season. Well I'll go in a week on my own haha
  • Michelle
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I thought so. I'll be on his butt about this now haha
  • Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do it ASAP, our best man ... is sometimes less then reliable. So i have had to be the stern voice to make sure that this type of stuff does not get left to the last minute . Thankfully they didn't, we had no problem renting the groomsmen suits , however , my FH is buying his , and the store is having a hard time finding a suit that he can buy that matches and doesn't cost over $1200.... They all will be wearing navy which apparently is VERY popular this year. So i would suggest going earlier then later depending on the style/colour etc. We are getting married Sept. 15, and i would hate to be going through this situation any closer to the date then the 6 mo. mark that we are at right now ! - that being said i have done everything fairly early on, I would rather just get it all done now !

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went about two/three months before the wedding (Jan/feb) for our upcoming April wedding, but we aren’t getting married in a peak month so I’m not sure.
    We didn’t have any issues with rentals and getting matching suits. Again, not peak season though.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it would be cutting it close. When my fiancé was looking into where to rent his suits from he was told that because they reserve suits for other weddings, during peak wedding season (may-sept) they have a limited supply to choose from. If you wait too long you may end up getting mix matched suits

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics