Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carmela
Devoted April 2019 Ontario

The head table

Carmela, on May 2, 2018 at 11:20 Posted in Wedding reception 0 18
Hi guys, I’m so lost to when it comes to decorating your reception. My wedding reception is going to take place in Vaughan, and I’ve notice the expensive price tag that comes with it.
How, where and what are you guys doing to decorate your head table. Are you doing those fancy white chairs? Special types of table clothes? Floral or drapping?
Im so confused where to even find these vendors that will provide this service for you!
Please help. You can even post some pictures of your wedding to give ideas!!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Carmela, on May 12, 2018 at 08:36
  • Carmela
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is really cute!! I just heard about Ali express, and downloaded the app a few days ago, so I am still trying to figure it all out. How reliable are they and their shipping?

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love high centerpieces and gold table numbers! That price for draping doesn't surprise me at all tbh, and that's probably without anything fancy.

I want our guest tables to have alternating high and low centerpieces with gold table numbers. Also want to do a string light backdrop and modest 30ft draping. ALSO, I want to do marquee lights that say "J&B". Doubtful any of this is within my budget now that I've started looking lol.

• Jackie
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Myself and my groom plus our kids ( the bridal party) will be at the head table. I think putting our bouquets on the table as decor is a brilliant idea. I also like the idea of a Mr & Mrs Sign in from of us. Either hanging from the table or right at the edge/ front of the table. We are just doing regular table cloths and nothing on the chairs. My daughters are having the center pieces for each table. And that’s about all I can think of.
  • Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not doing anything different either, except the head table will be on staging and have a backdrop as well. My bridesmaids and I plan to use our bouquets as decorations on the head table as well. This will give us a convenient place to put them during the reception, and also keep costs down.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not doing anything different. There is a backdrop, but that's about it. Same tablecloths and napkins, same dishes, same chairs, no chair coverings. I think the centrepieces will be slightly different (still undecided) but I think the bridesmaids bouquets will go on this table.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOVE IT! I want one of these signs too. Will have to check out aliexpress

• T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We bought this off Ali express (25) and I bought silk flowers off wish for the head table as well. Other than that we have antique keys, grey bottles , crotchet doilies and flowers. From Costco. We are keeping it pretty basic

The head table 1
  • Carmela
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I love that table cloth, it was actually the one I was going to use! I believe we will lean towards renting our decoration b/c I have no use for them afterwards. These pictures are helpful!! thanks so much for posting them.

Thank you everyone for your help and support!!

• Carmela
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my god! I hope you were sitting down when they gave you that quote! I really like that idea that your decorating the family tables with special linens and the rest with regular. Where else are you looking for decor venue? I looked on Pinterest for some ideas but I heard draping alone is 1500$ for a small section.

For my guest tables, I was going to have one high floral centre piece, maybe some candles and a gold table number.

• Carmela
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! I totally forgot about that, thats a great tip/idea, and it will save a lot of money.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For mine we had rented chiavari chairs for the reception for all the guests, but otherwise we didn't do anything special to decorate the head table. I made three centerpieces to go along it instead of one like the normal guest tables, we laid our bouquets on it facing outwards, and behind the head table was a fireplace so I put some extra candles and flowers on the mantle, but otherwise I didn't do anything extra do decorate our head table so I could save a little money!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh Carmela, I totally get the "overpriced Vaughan area" when it comes to literally everything wedding related. I went to my venues preferred vendor for flowers and décor yesterday and their quote for florals, backdrop, 30 ft draping, bouquets, and boutonnieres was $8000. This was with literally only my sweetheart table and parents table having special linens; the rest would be the venues tablecloths.

Do you have any inspiration pictures of what you're looking for? What are you doing for your guest tables?

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue has a divider wall that is hideous, so we are draping it. Our head table is going to sit in front of it so we can use it as part of our backdrop with some uplighting. We are doing nice fancy chairs and a champagne rosette table linen and there is going to be rose gold pillar candles at each end of the table. I am going to use the girls bouquets for flowers along the front of the table and put tea lights between them.

I got all the stuff at a rental company. Google event rentals in your area and I am sure you will find something. A lot of them even have showrooms so you can go in and play with all the rental items and bring your vision to life. You can buy all your stuff as well but I wasn't interested in going that direction, but compare pricing and see what makes sense for you!

Our table linen

The head table 2rose gold pilliars! Also using these as centerpieces on hal the guest tables.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Modern basic set up with self diy backdrop. The chaors had black covers.

The head table 3
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are for SURE doing the big fancy white chairs I love them too much!

My venue has a large division wall which is VERY plain so I want to do the full drapping across it (to be background of the head table)

Aside from the fancy chairs I plan to keep the decorations on the head table the same as the other tables (maybe pieces be shorter to not block any of us. Our venue comes with fancier table cloths for the head table too so we lucked out there!

I would honestly ask your vendor if they have any recommendations for vendors who can decorate the place how you like it! One my venue told us to use is http://weddingdream.net/

Good luck!

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue came with basic white linens, anything extra costs more. We liked the white so stuck with those. We did spring for chair covers though. We did the bouquets in vases thing and i also picked up a flower garland from Michael's and wrapped fairy lights around it to add a little extra to the table. We also put some LED tea lights around.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s pretty common to use your bouquets to decorate the head table, so that’s what we’re doing! (And you can save some money that way too!) I went to a wedding where they put out some vases and they just put the bouquets in them, but you can also lay the bouquets on their sides.
  • Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm renting Chiavari chairs, they're pretty and save on chair covers, for the whole reception.

We're also using a lot of lights and lamps for our decor, so i'm using lanterns (from IKEA) to decorate the head table.

My venue has tablecloths so that's taken care of - they're plain white and I don't mind them.

I think you should do an extension of the rest of your tables, but slightly different to set it apart if you want.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics