Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
VIP May 2019 Ontario

The Countdown!

Stephanie, on November 8, 2018 at 17:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18
Does anyone else here countdown to their wedding in other ways aside from just days?
Yesterday I realized I only have 30 more loads of laundry to do (one a week), and only 6 more periods to suffer through until the big day!!

I always laugh at myself when I come up with these weird countdowns and wondering if theres any others out there who do the same!!

T-Minus 130 more shifts at work to get through!!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on November 21, 2018 at 10:38
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I was counting down to my wedding day I was doing a very hard volunteer job on Tuesday nights, so I certainly counted down how many Tuesdays I had to get through before the big day

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

6 more periods! That made me laugh! What a down to earth and relatable way to count down the days Smiley smile Smiley smile

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im actually counting in Holidays until the wedding. Obviously just the ones we celebrate. My fiance's birthday, christmas, new years, valentines day, my birthday, st patricks day, easter, the the summer (not a holiday but I dont really remember any holidays between may and october 5th.)
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm impressed that you're only doing 1 load of laundry a week! Damn, I think I have 200 loads of laundry to do before my wedding (we do a lot of laundry/have a small machine).

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Once it hit 99 days, we started counting down using hockey players (we're both hockey fans!). So, 99 days left was Gretzky, 97 was McDavid days until our wedding, etc. For the higher numbers, there were a few days we couldn't find a player with that number, but once it got down to the 40's we had a player for each day, and sometimes more than one.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

At the advice of my doctor I did when I switched pills. I didn't have any issues but I have heard from others that they still had spotting that week.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol! Fingers crossed for you it doesn’t come at a bad time!!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine ending just before!!! I was worried with all the stress having my wedding before it started it might break through early??? Who knows that lovely time of the month likes to do what it pleases hahah!! I just hope being on my period the week before my wedding doesnt make me a completely nightmare... I hate to admit it but I do get MOODY.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I actually debated this but I'm worried it work work??? Right now if I did the math right my period should end 2 days before my wedding!!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm the same too! My FH's bday is in December and then Christmas and our anniversary is also in December! Busy month!! But you're right come January everything will hit hahaha!!

Glad everyone likes my period count down too ahahah!! I told my FH and he just said "lovely" I'm glad some other period havers here understand!!!!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oddly enough I tried to plan our day around my period! It just happened to work out that my period starts a couple days after our wedding! Thank god!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahah this is too funny! 8 more periods for me! but if it ends up that I will have my period for the wedding day, i plan to skip my "sugar pills" with my birth control and just go straight into a new pack to avoid my period all together. has anyone else done this? Smiley tongue

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't done the quirky countdowns, I just have days/weeks/months. 71 days, 10 weeks, just over 2 months...

I guess I have 3 periods, 37 days of work (I already know which days I'll have off between now and the wedding), and oh-jeez-too-many loads of laundry... haha. Actually for 10 weeks, probably between 10-15 loads only! Woohoo. I've actually been neurotically tracking my cycle this year to make sure I won't have my period for the wedding or honeymoon! Haha. I won't!!! Thank goodness.

We have Remembrance Day, my Mom's bday, Step Dad's bday, Christmas, and New Year's... We'll be back from our honeymoon before Groundhog Day/the Super Bowl Smiley xd

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is hilarious! I love it!!!

nothing quirky yet. but now I totally want to. hahaha

a part of me is still feeling its so far (even though its not...July 27, 2019). my brain is on Christmas and FH's dirty thirty. so maybe in January my head space will change. haha

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lol the period count down is amazing. Thats a good way to look at it!

I agree with Tori, I am going through the months of what we have to do. November: BIL Birthday, Cuba trip. December: Christmas, Bro's bday. January: Parents birthday, February: Florida to visit parents. Its always nice to check those things off and know our day is one month closer

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the period countdown! Being pregnant I can't do that, bittersweet feeling 😂
    Once the baby is born I could do a diaper countdown but that would probably make me cry with how high that number would be..
    I don't have any cute, qwerky way of counting down..I wish I did! Maybe I'll get some ideas on here!!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lol the period countdown! I only have 11 to go lmao.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lmao I love your period countdown the most! lol I am so doing that now!!! That and Just thinking of what I have to do each month that would make it go by faster - for example December = Christmas, January = Ukrainian Christmas, February = Valentines Day, March = St Patricks day and our wedding social! lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics