Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaite
Newbie August 2019 Ontario

Thank you cards

Kaite, on November 23, 2019 at 10:58 Posted in Just married 0 7
Hey everyone, my wedding has come and gone, tomorrow will be the 3 month mark! My thank you cards just came in (yes I know they're a bit late) but I am having issues on what to write in them! 90% of our guests gave us cash, however we used most of the money to pay off my student debt/pay off the dinner from the reception...We didn't go on a honey moon or buy a new house. Most of the examples I read tells the reader what the money was used for but I'm not comfortable saying we used it to pay off debt :/ Sorry we did nothing special with your money? I don't know Smiley sad

7 Comments

Latest activity by Shannon, on December 2, 2019 at 20:23
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would skip the details and thank them for spending the celebration with you. Personally written is perfect.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just keep it generic you dont have to tell people what you spent the money on! i would say something like thanks for your gift!!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can simply say: "thank you for your generous gift and your presence at our wedding"

You don't need to specify what you spent the money on.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Simply thanking your guests for their presence at your wedding is enough. The gift they gave is generous. We also had monetary gifts only and no mention of it in our card.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You don’t have to put the specifics, it makes it easier. I just did a generic thank you for everyone.
    Here’s what I printed on mine Thank you cards 1
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think you need to specify what you used the money for.

You could say “thank you for your generous gift and for being present with us on our special day. We look forward to making more memories!”
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What if you said something like ”you've helped us start our married lives together debt free, and we are so thankful for your help"

It tells a little about how you've used the gift without being too specific. Talking about debt makes everyone uncomfortable, but people will feel warm and fuzzy knowing that you two can start married life off without the weight of your debt. Odds are these people were once broke newlyweds too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics