Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Trudy
Curious September 2018 Ontario

Thank you cards

Trudy, on December 11, 2018 at 19:12 Posted in Just married 0 8
I’m writing our thank you cards and I’m wondering what I write to guests who gave money. It’s customary to say how you are going to spend the money , however we used the cash we received to pay debt from the wedding. I don’t want to say that and most of my gifts were cash (we were very greatful for that). What do you think I should do?
Thank you,

8 Comments

Latest activity by Leanne, on December 17, 2018 at 12:05
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone who has said "thank you for the generous gift, etc" has hit the nail on the head. If you still want to include a personal touch, try and include a memory you have with them from the wedding day.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you should just be able to say something along the lines of "thank you for your generous gift and helping make our day so great"

Quick and easy but I dont think you need to tell them what you spent ththe money on... that being said, if you read between the lines of it, you kind of are saying you spent it on the wedding and you're thanking them for that 🤗
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    THIS! Tori has said it perfectly.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I 100% agree with Tori. It's like the truth, by bending the truth, because it is negating the debt in your life, which is helping towards the next chapter, but they don't have to see it that way... haha.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The others have hit it exactly - You don't have to specify what you'll use it for (You can if you want but it's not required). It is perfectly fine to be vague, especially when the gift is money.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This sounds about right, if you don't like how it may look like you don't remember what you got from them then perhaps try "We are extremely grateful for your generous gift and we look forward to putting it towards this new chapter of our lives".

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I think this is fine!!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Usually, I see things like “we are extremely grateful for your generous gift”. Being thankful I think is enough, I don’t think you need to specify what it will be used for.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics