Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peggy
Super May 2019 Alberta

Tell us where you are going on your honeymoon!

Peggy, on April 8, 2019 at 12:43

Posted in Honeymoon 59

For me, I LOVE travelling. I know a lot of people feel the same. I'm always curious where people are planning their next trip to. What I want to know is: Where are you and your future spouse travelling for your honeymoon? Are you staying close to home, or going to a different continent? Are you...

For me, I LOVE travelling. I know a lot of people feel the same. I'm always curious where people are planning their next trip to. What I want to know is:

Where are you and your future spouse travelling for your honeymoon?

Are you staying close to home, or going to a different continent? Are you going somewhere you've been before, or a brand new destination? Or are you skipping the honeymoon and putting the money towards something else?

59 Comments

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you want any tips, feel free to send me a PM! I have been to WDW SO many times, and adore it. We are doing WDW, Universal and a cruise for our 1st anniversary next year!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How exciting! Will you be visiting his family?

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What better time than your honeymoon to take your dream trip? It's the one time people don't look at you crazy if you can spend more on a trip than normal!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This makes me want to go away so bad!

We are looking into Mexico right now to switch things up!! Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ll be going to Orlando, Florida and doing Walt Disney World and Universal Studios! We’re big disney nerds, and although we’ve done California a few times, our honeymoon will be our first trip to Florida! CANT WAIT
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are really trying to go to Hawaii! We wont be going until December this year (wedding is in May) because why leave when weather is already nice here!

It'll just depend on costs... I did a mock trip to Hawaii and it was.... quite expensive hahaha!

But I hope we can make it work! Hawaii is somewhere my FH REALLY wants to go and I would love to be able to make it work for us!

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll be going to England! My FH's family is from northern England but he's never been to London and I've never left Canada so it'll be an amazing trip! We're going for about 8 days, exploring the sights!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds utterly amazing! I am sure you will have a blast!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Grenada is apparently not in the hurricane belt! So we’ll see Smiley smile
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Savannah is on my MUST visit list! I've seen/read many blog posts about it, and after reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - I want to experience all the architecture. What a fun and great choice for a honeymoon!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to Europe for 3 weeks. Leaving two days after the wedding.

Starting with a road trip through the "romantic road" in Germany, to visit castles and wineries and cute little villages. Then training it to spend two nights at Villa Honegg in Switzerland (because their Instagram pictures sucked us in) and then taking a train again to Venice where we will board a week long Mediterranean cruise visiting Croatia and Greece! FH and I have both been to Germany, he is eager to show me his favorite spots but the rest of the trip will be pretty new! I have been to Croatia before but not via cruise Smiley laugh

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I say do both - if a hurricane is going to effect St Lucia, it's going to effect Grenada, too! Buy the travel insurance, and you should be covered - check with your travel agent!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mid-late July! So it’s a bit on the early part but don’t want to really risk it, especially for the honeymoon.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What time of year are you going? The hurricane belt might not be an issue?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I have gone back and forth a few times but we know we want to do Sandals resorts for 2 weeks.

Definitely going to Grenada one week, and I really wanted to go to St Lucia but it is in the hurricane belt, so we likely will pick Barbados for the other week.

I cant wait!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ontario is beautiful, and hot, in August. I love the idea of a mini-moon, and then a longer honeymoon later. Enjoy it!

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a mini-moon first to Ontario!

We don't see the point in going somewhere tropical in August when it's still usually pretty nice here.

Also we can catch any of FH's family that couldn't make it to the wedding.

I have never been out east so it serves as a dual purpose trip for us and not to expensive as we have points for free flights.

Then we do want to go on a nice vacation the Following February.. haven't decided where yet. Not sure if we want it to be a relax trip or an adventure trip.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A mini-moon is a fantastic idea! A weekend getaway can be just as wonderful.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Scotland and Ireland have always been my dream honeymoon destination. But we have 2 toddlers now so will stick a little closer to home and have a long weekend getaway... about 90% decided on Savannah. I've spent a lot of time travelling in the states but haven't made it there yet and it looks beautiful. Scotland/Ireland will have to be a future anniversary trip or something lol.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A cruise is a great idea! We thought about doing one, but decided to do it for our first anniversary instead! Sounds like a great itinerary.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a cruise in the Caribbean! We get to go to Honduras, Mexico and the Bahamas!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exciting - booking it is the easy part. Figuring out where you want to go is the hard part, and it sounds like you have that figured out!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've visited Switzerland; a stunning country. Gorgeous nature and bustling cities!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so exciting! Scotland is my ancestral home, and I'd love to go some day! Iceland is beautiful; I've had friends go back several times because it was so wonderful!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hawaii!! We've always wanted to go and figure it would be perfect! We have been talking with a travel agent and hopefully booking it this week or next!
  • Lauren
    Curious August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love Scotland! That will be a beautiful Honeymoon. I would love to take my FH there someday.

We are heading to Switzerland to hike the Tour Du Mont Blanc through Switzerland, France and Italy.
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to Scotland and Iceland! I have been to Northern Scotland once before, but have always wanted to explore more of the county. FH has never been, and neither of us have been to Iceland but have always wanted to go.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics