Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Tell us about your relationship - Who asked who out first?

Joey, on January 8, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 26

This week's quiz is all about love! I can't think of a better way to start off the new year than by celebrating the amazing relationships that bring you all here Smiley heart

Who made the first move and asked the other out first?

Tell us about your relationship - Who asked who out first? 1

Photo by Butter Studios Photographers and Photobooths in Port Moody

>>Click here to go to the next question, What was your first date?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Leanne, on September 6, 2018 at 09:15
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He asked me, quite persistently, until I finally said yes

• Kelsea
    Frequent user October 2019 British Columbia
    Kelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I actually don't know! We just kind started hanging out and that was that. He asked me to be his girlfriend though.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In a nutshell:

He made the first move.

We went to school together and then lost touch.

We reconnected on social media and I didn’t think anything of it until he mentioned that he’d been interested for quite some time.

I didn’t want a ld relationship so I politely declined. But he became a constant, we started to chat regularly. And then one day after a bit of a rough patch in the dating scene, I told myself I only wanted to be with someone who wanted to be with me, and realized he’d been there and had been present all that time. So I said okay, let’s try the long distance.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He definitely asked me

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well, my now fiance was very anti-relationship, more so down on himself, saying I could do better (very bad experience with ex)... so I pushed a lot on him... gently making him open up to me, coaxing him out of his shell... and in the process, he started to be much happier, and more open to me.... and the rest is history.

• Jenna
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met each other on a dating site and after a few weeks of talking I asked him out on a date to the movies and then he asked me out on our second date to go camping.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did lol. I asked him to have a drink, then I asked him for his number.
  • Elycia
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Elycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I did...he messaged me online and we chatted for a while and asked if he wanted to grab a burger. It is kind of history after that.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Technically I did....I guess. However, he slipped his number in my sweater pocket while I was working (met at work). After that we go into a small dispute about which doughnut tasted the best at Tim Horton's and he didn't believe me so I think I said well let's go and I'll show you haha.

• Jennifer
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He did, when i look back i was so naive! He was so nervous and kind of circled around the question...'so what are you up to tonight...?' Must have asked me 3 times before he finally just asked. I was naive because i had no idea what he was getting at aha
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was kind of mutual, we kind of just started hanging out, went to bible study, and studied together (as we were in the same class but at different times) so it just kind of naturally happened.
  • Olivia
    Curious January 2019 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Despite the fact that he had the bravery to say he loved me, he wouldn’t ask me out. I ended up taking him on a coffee date, in the middle of the mall so I could run if I needed to. And it was good. And then it got better.

As for askinng me to be to be his girlfriend, neither of us actually never asked. Somewhere in there, we mentioned that neither of us were seeing anyone else and we liked what we were building. That was the end of that
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

After badgering from his co-workers, my FH eventually asked me out first, I was visiting family and was actually going to ask him out when I got back, but he beat me to the punch!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So we were basically going out all the time but neither of us wanted to label it 'dating' because neither of us had dated before and we were both super shy so it was kinda a taboo topic haha. It had originally started as hanging out with groups of people, but often everyone bailed but us 2 so we would go anyway.

But one time we were out for coffee after seeing a new harry potter movie and his friend phoned him. Over the table is could hear her say "have you f****** asked her out yet?!?" He abruptly hung up the phone And his face went bright red and he looked and me and said "you heard that didnt you?" And i nodded and he was like "sooo..........." And then there was a really long Long awkward pause before i told we could call that night our first date.

So texhnically neither of us actually asked the other out. This award goes to his friend who phoned him! Lol.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He asked me out first.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Technically, he asked me out first... and I said no. But after I’d had the weekend to think it over, I went back to him 3 days later and asked him out. Haha. So I’ll give the official “ask out” to him. Lol
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He asked me out first and it was amazing because I am way to shy to have ever made the first move. We were sitting on my bed watching YouTube videos and he was starting to fall asleep but he had to be home that night cause his mom needed the car in the morning so he asked me out at 12:30am before rushing out to drive 40 minutes back to his place 💜
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH asked me out first. He got my number from his sister who I am good friends with. We went out a good month before we made t official. It was difficult because we lived in separate cities but once we made it official he moved back to be closer.
  • Amyfanggg
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Amyfanggg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My guy and I went to the same highschool, different grades and didn't really have any friends in common. So we didn't really know each other. We were both on Tinder, I recognized him, we both swiped the same direction and I messaged him. He did the rest lol.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He asked me out first, and made me wait too.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He had been texting me when I was out at a pub grabbing a drink and some apps with a friend from out of town and he tried to come there and meet me. I told him no as I hadn't seen my friend in a while but would let him know when I would be at home and maybe then we could meet. When I got home he showed up at my place with his friend and we ended up going to the same pub. He didn't drive so his friend had to drive him around everywhere. His friend sat on his phone in the corner the whole time lol

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He asked me. I'm a little traditional and think the guy should make the first move--and he thinks so to which works out well!

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He would come to my place after work to watch the Stanley Cup playoffs but they weren't technically dates. I had been waiting and waiting for him to ask but he didn't so I just jumped in and did it myself. Turns out he was about to but kept getting nervous because he wasn't sure if I liked him.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I asked him out first.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He asked me out first and made all the first moves LOL which I knew was big because he was incredibley quiet and shy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics