Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jeannette
Newbie August 2020 Ontario

Tattoo Ring?

Jeannette, on September 17, 2018 at 20:34 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 18

I am a tattoo virgin, I have 0 tattoos. My FH has 7 and plans to have a full sleeve for our wedding. To the question of rings. I don't wear much bling. I have lost most of my jewelery including rings he had given me. Smiley sad

So I've seen some wedding bands that were tattooed and reveled at the ceremony. But in a world of bad tattoos and my spleenyness to needles I have alot to think about.

Has anyone here thought of tattooed rings? Or know a couple who pulled it off?

18 Comments

Latest activity by Geneviève, on September 19, 2018 at 11:32
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll admit, I love all my tattoos but I elected for a ring for many reasons:

1) the elephant-in-the-room response everyone else touched on. I definitely wouldn't want to laser my finger for sure

2) Fingers fade fast. I know my studio outwardly discourages finger tattoos because they fade and need tons of touch-ups. Which brings me to

3) Pain. Bony areas hurt more and if you have an aversion to needles, I don't recommend extremities.

You could just get a ring that's not super expensive and easy to replace if something happens to it. My co-worker got hers off etsy for the same reasons you have and it looks really nice but didn't break the bank.

• E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree!!! Nobody wants to think of a marriage ending when you are planning a wedding. But the reality half of marriages end. And I guarantee you all of those couples never thought they would split. I never thought my ex husband and I would split. My fiancé never thought him and his ex wife would split. Yet here we are lol.

You can’t just take a tattoo off. And it’s not like it’s a tattoo you could cover with another.

I always say the only names you should ever tattoo on yourself are your kids and your parents lol,
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You would have to think about it yourself. Is a personal decision. But generally the closer you are to bone the more painful it is. The more “flesh” (like you’re upper arm of thigh) the less painful it is.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband has no tattoos and I have several, he wanted to get a wedding band tattoo because he is an electrician and can't wear his band to work. I would like to get this done personally...

Tattoo Ring? 1
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have both considered this.we are both getting a ring but the thought has been there to get our wedding date tattoo’d onto my ring finger on the inside. But that’s not for the wedding so have. Time to think on it!
  • Shawna
    Newbie October 2020 British Columbia
    Shawna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, my aunt did this and they didn’t make it (they had each others initials tattooed on them) now she has this big ugly tattoo and another engagement ring over it with the last guys name pretty much. ( I’m not against tattoos got 3 myself)
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Noted - I will try and think of some meaningful tattoos that I could get as practice on other areas. Anywhere you would recommend?

• E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just be warned it will hurt A LOT. Any where you have a tattoo near bone it really hurts.

I would not recomend this as a first tattoo. unless you have a huge tolerance for pain.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

FH and I never talked about this because it's not an option for us. FH is a tattoo virgin while I have 11 visible tattoos and I still just don't like the look of hand tattoos.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen this becoming a trend but I've done the research and finger tats a) Hurt A LOT and b) fade quickly since we use our hands on a regular basis.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Neither me or my FH have tattoos but I know that this is something that I want as well. I just never wore rings growing up because my fingers are chubby and didn't fit in the claire's jewelry.... I like it even for the fact that it does mean that this marriage is forever. Me and my FH joke that we would sooner kill each other before divorcing Smiley tongue

Here are some of the designs that I like:

Bow ringTattoo Ring? 2

Line ringTattoo Ring? 3

I don't quite care for the ones with the wedding date or hearts but those are a thing too?

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As others have said tattoos on the hands tend to fade easily. Also being on the bone that will HURT! Just a heads up! I have 2 tattoos and I want one to represent my husband and I but I dont think we will do rings!
  • Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I guess in your case my concern would be the location, I have read in numerous places and even the tattoo artist that did my tattoo (not in the finger), is that it fades faster, so you'll do more touch-ups.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both have several tattoos and are still undecided on this... We have talked about it but like a pp said - I have never seen a ring tattoo that I loved. I'm also not sure I would get one as my first tattoo but that's your call Smiley smile. The one thing I do like and would potentially get is a tiny outline of a heart on the top of my ring finger under where my actual ring sits.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not going to lie, I've never seen ring tattoos that I thought looked great. But that could just be my personal preference, I've never been a huge fan of the idea and I think that's just because I'm a huge ring person, I absolutely love them. I love tattoos and I have some and plans for many many more! One of those tattoos a plan for is on my ring finger and that's our wedding date. Maybe go on Pinterest and see if there are any tattoo ring ideas you like.
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry that should have read I would NOT suggest if.
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you don’t have any tattoos I would suggest this. I think having a tattoo there would hurt a lot because you don’t have much “flesh” there. (I have a few). Also if you hate it. Or I know we don’t want to talk about it, but if you split years later, if will be very painful and expensive to remove.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have seen on pinterest ideas of tattoo rings. I haven't met anyone yet with actual ring designs to their finger.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics