Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

switzeco
Newbie September 2021 Ontario

Tables!

switzeco, on March 26, 2020 at 16:35 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4

How did everyone do their cake, sign in, and gift tables? bonus if you incoperated your loved ones who have passed on.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on March 29, 2020 at 11:26
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm lucky my venue has a lobby area, then the reception area, then another foyer where they do their late night snacks and such. I'll have my sweets table in the area with the late night snacks. The cake I may have at the back of the room away from the dance floor in main area so that there aren't too many people in the foyer at once for cake cutting. If I was having a head table the cake would be in front of that.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had two tables at the entrance of our reception venue (one on either side walking in). The one on your left was both our "in loving memory" table with pictures of our loved ones who have passed away as well as a candle burning in their memory, as well as our card/presentation box. And on the table to the right we had our sign in/ guest "book".

Tables! 1Tables! 2

And then the table that had our "cake" was over to the side of our head table:

Tables! 3We had a Korovai instead of a cake Smiley smile
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sign in, cards, and gifts will be all along one long table so that guests don't have to run to multiple spots and our team can handle it more efficiently.

Curious though, are people putting their sweets table in the same room as the dinner reception/dance floor or the lobby/cocktail reception area?

• Jodi
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is planned for September. We plan on doing a table for each; the sign in table, which will be a picture frame for friends and family to sign. Card and gift table together. Cake / cupcake table will be separate and we do plan on having a "In Loving Memory" table that will be at the ceremony, then moved to the reception area afterwards. I lost my dad and will also be having a small heart picture frame on my bouquet Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics