Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Table Numbers vs Table Names

Joey, on August 23, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 23

We have a showdown on our hands! Are you going to be numbering your reception tables, or will you choose names for each one? Post what you're doing here so we can see which style is most popular!

Table Numbers?Table Numbers vs Table Names 1

Photo by Bella Coastal Events in Vancouver

Or Table Names?Table Numbers vs Table Names 2

Photo by Carta Blanca Co in Whitby

23 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on September 27, 2018 at 13:35
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Table names. It goes better with the theme, which is something like "Love is written in the Stars" (or something along those lines...it's a work in progress. The leading idea at the moment is making the tables constellations that would be in the sky the time of year we either are getting married or that we met in.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Table numbers!
  • Kelsea
    Frequent user October 2019 British Columbia
    Kelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing table numbers Smiley smile but instead i'm going to carve them into foam pumpkins with LED tea lights.

found on pinterest.Table Numbers vs Table Names 3

• Leanna
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Leanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing numbers. We've got family coming that doesn't speak English, so it's way less confusing this way!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing numbers. We aren’t doing a theme that is specific enough to do names or anything so we thought this would be easier.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Doing both actually!! Constellations with numbers! So like Sagittarius Table #12. Or something like that! Have fun with names but using numbers I find can make it easier too (with 24 tables we will need to)
  • Jamie
    Newbie September 2018 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing table names. We've collected vintage picture frames, painted them gold and they will each have a vintage map of an island in our area. Each table will be an Island because we are getting married on a bit of a destination island.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I prefer table numbers. I think table names could be cute if there's a common theme between them, but they seem silly otherwise.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably just numbers. I find they’re easier to figure out layout wise
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Table numbers! I didn't even think about having table names lol

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the name idea but we will be doing numbers

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was originally planning to go with table numbers...but table names seem like a great idea! I will consult with my FH and see what he thinks!

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be doing table names. We got engaged in New Orleans and we think it would be a cute idea to name the tables French Quarter street names such as Bourbon St, Canal St, etc. It's a special place for us and it brings a little more personality into our wedding. It wont be too hard since we estimate around 13-15 tables and there are a ton of street names to pick from there.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll be doing table numbers since we'll have 16-20 tables and I don't want to come up with names for tables lol

• Christina
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing numbers with images of 64 bit characters from Nintendo's video games. My Fiance is a big gamer, so this is a way that I am making sure that things that he loves are incorporated in to the big day too.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did numbers for the tables. I have seen names based on travel or soap operas based on what the couple was going for theme.
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our 5 tables have names. It’s more special as they’re places we grew up and been together Smiley smile
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We dont have a specific enough theme to do table names... although if I end up with 13 tables, as I suspect I will, I might name them.
    We are kind of going for a west coast theme (ex: pinecones in the centrepieces), so maybe different tree names (Elm, Oak, Pine, etc)
    I like the idea of tables kinda being set up in numerical order though, and its easier to find your table.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

due to size of the wedding we are doing table numbers. and the way we are doing them is on a tri-fold stand up card. one side will be the number, one side will be the menu, one side be a "thank your for joining us" little note.

and will do them in similar color style to our invitations. so everything matches

table number ideaTable Numbers vs Table Names 4

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used table names! We had a different beer growler at each table as part of our centerpiece and the brewery on the growler was the table name.

Table Numbers vs Table Names 5
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing numbers. Tables names seems like an amazing idea though! Takes the politics out of numbers!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At first we were going to do table numbers and at each number put a picture of each of us at that age ---- but I think now we are going to have like... 3? long tables for 200+ people so we will have to think of something else... Besides - 250/10 per table = 25.... I wouldn't be able to do that seeing as how I am 21 right now and will be 22 at my wedding.....

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be doing table numbers. I like the name idea too though! I think if I had a theme then I could probably pull off named tables

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics