Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie July 2020 Alberta

Switching photographers

Stacy, on October 22, 2019 at 18:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hi fellow wedding planners,
I have “booked” a photographer but didn’t sign a contract or put down a deposit, Recently I found someone is running a much better deal.

I want to cancel on the other photographer for the one who is more experienced and offering a much better deal but I’m having guilty feelings over it.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on December 2, 2019 at 21:40
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't feel guilty! It's your wedding photos for goodness sake. You want someone who you're going to be comfortable with who will (fingers crossed) do an amazing job!

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Stacy you don’t owe this company anything if you signed a contract and put down a deposit that’s a different story, going to a consultation and looking at someone’s work is expected. Go with the photographer or any other vendor that you so choose
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Stacy...You dont owe anything to anyone, as long as you have not sign the contract! I contact about 10 photographers. And met in person 2 of them.

You as a buyer of service, don't even owe explanation. You can say..I decided price is still too high! When you meet all this vendors, never promise anything! Tell, I will think about it and will get back to you!

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would call your photographer and explain to them you found someone else with a better deal and see if they will match it? If not, politely explain that you aren't going to go with them. Like everyone is saying no contract was signed and there were no deposits.

I changed photographers too and don't feel bad about it because it was before we signed any contract and I'm glad I did because my new photographer is sooooo much better/nicer/ professional then the original guys.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely get the guilt factor, but also it is business. You could say that we are going for a different photography style, or that we found someone who feels like a better fit.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree with Kelly. Something seems off. No contract or deposit. May I ask, did you discuss the price and payments at all?
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah I get the guilt feeling. But again...you haven't signed anything, and you haven't put money down, so in my books, noting is official.

If I had "booked" with a vendor and they didn't immediately send me a contact to sign and request a deposit, I would find that odd. That's the only sure fire way that you lock down vendors, and they lock down you.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As long as you havent paid or put a deposit i wouldnt even consider that being booked. i research so many vendors and none of them are booked until we sign and pay.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Completely get the guilt - but consider this; you are just a client to them and nothing more. It's a business. Plus, this is how I got my officiant. He had a couple "booked" for the same day as mine but they hadn't put money down or gotten back to him in about a week so he said if I want I could book him since they had ghosted him. It's a lot nicer to tell the vendor than ghost them and leave them questioning if they need to find a new gig!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Deals will come from vendors when inquired and based on your personal choice. Smart move on not putting down a deposit or signing the contract. You can go with this photographer and not worry about the previous individual. They will always have clients coming their way.

Do what is best for your choice and price wise.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics