Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Expert September 2018 British Columbia

Sushi "cake"

Kim, on March 3, 2018 at 21:06 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Any ideas on where to get a base or how to make one? We are *considering* this as my family loves sushi and we'll have a full desert buffet already and don't really need another sweet.

Sushi Cake!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Kim, on March 5, 2018 at 19:21
  • K
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! We might not be allowed to bring it in as the venue does the catering... I think they'd allow real cakes, but probably not sushi... I'm still waiting to hear back from their chefs and we'll see where to go from there Smiley smile

Though maybe they won't be able to do it and then they might allow us to bring one in? We'll see!!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a neat twist on cake if you already have tons of desserts! I think a local sushi place would be able to help you out.

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’d contact a local sushi restaurant and see what they say!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg can I come to your wedding? That sounds deliciously amazing!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sushi cake looks awesome for the cocktail hour as those can enjoy the selection beforehand of dinner and a sweet table.
  • K
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! My dad is Japanese-Canadian so I think he'd really like having "his side" catered to as well. I'd want the sushi around a fake base (not a food base), but decorating styrofoam with fondant sounds like a cool idea Smiley smile

I did google "sushi wedding cakes Vancouver" but got nothing in hits. I emailed our venue coordinator and she is checking with their executive chef so we'll see what they come up with.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Really cool idea! If you have enough sushi lovers this is definitely going to be a hit!

It looks like this is still around some kind of cake (savoury perhaps?) or a fake one.

If you want to make it yourself, I would suggest purchasing a cake base, with several styrofoam rounds. You could cover the styrofoam in fondant, and then place the sushi around it.

You may want to do a Google search to see if there is anyone who makes something like this in your area or if they have suggestions on what to make the "cake" part out of.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics