Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Surprise Bachelorette!

Stephanie, on May 17, 2018 at 01:22 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

My MOH planned my bachelorette party and wouldn't tell me anything about it! Turns out, she had planned for us to go the dinner theatre! Something her and I have done a few times. I was actually hoping this is what she would plan! The show was called "Runaway Bridesmaids". When she handed me the ticket, she said "Kat (my other bridesmaid) and I aren't going too". I said "you're not coming to my bachelorette?" She didn't see that the name of the show wasn't on the ticket. What she meant was "Kat and I aren't going to runaway". Once we cleared that up, I got changed into my new dress and we were on the way!

At this dinner theatre, they call up everyone who has a birthday, then those who are celebrating anniversaries or those getting married. I'm shy, don't like being in front of lots of people, so I was not keen on going up on stage. My friend is getting married this summer as well, so I took off my "future Mrs" sash, flung it over her shoulder, and told her she was coming with me!

Anyway, she did, and we got to dance together. I was so thankful she came up with me because I wouldn't have danced with a stranger!

It was a great night!

So, what did you all do for your bachelorette and how much say did you have in yours?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Tyler, on June 10, 2018 at 22:55
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds like fun!
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds like a great time!!!

We are doing mine in August. Going to Niagara Falls and renting bicycles and cycling to different wineries with a picnic lunch! I am so excited!! Going to be a blast! I'm sure we will goo it that night. I know for sure were going to the spa the next morning! So far we have 16 coming!
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like a lot of fun! I wanted to go check out the show as well, it is coming to our city. I haven't had my bachelorette yet, but I wanted it to be something relaxing, and destress. My sisters who are my MOH's are planning my bachelorette party. I think they might rent a two level executive suit, and we will most likely relax in the hotel, sip bubbly, get massages in suite, and have a lovely relaxing girl day/evening with friends and my bridal party. (thats what I want lol, but my friends love to party, so we will see!)

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds like a fantastic evening I'm glad you all had a good time!!! Good to practise being in front of people the wedding day you will be front and center for all of it haha!!
    Mine is still a long way off but I booked a 4 bedroom villa at Blue Mountain! That's all i will do! My bridesmaids have hinted at things that may or may not happen there bit I will leave the rest to them!
  • Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I told my bridesmaids that I just wanted a fun weekend away with them, just relaxing spending time with them. One of my bridesmaids showed me a motel in Prince Edward County called the June and I fell in love! I sent it to my sister/MOH and she loved it. Otherwise I only know the date, it’s in September, and one of the brewery tours we might do because I came across it and showed my sister and she told me that it was something she was already going to surprise me with. So now I’ve stopped looking at anything to do with the area so that I don’t ruin anymore surprises haha but not knowing is so difficult! I’m so used to being a bridesmaid, I’m not used to not being the one doing all the planning!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister is my MOH, and she is planning everything, along with my other bridesmaids. I made a facebook group for my bridesmaids, put them all in it, and then left the group. This way they all have a place to chat that I'm not in. They don't all know each other, so it was the easiest way to get them together!

I asked my sister when they planned on having it, and she told me "Excuse me! You need to mind your own business! Smiley winking But it will probably be in March." She's trying to be funny and basically tell me to not worry and she'll tell me when I need to know something!

They did ask for guidelines - I said no more than 75$ per guest for cost and no strippers. For ideas I suggested a tea party or private cocktail evening (where you have a bartender come over and teach you how to make cocktails). I have a feeling my bachelorette party will involve Butlers in the Buff - my 22 year old niece suggested them, and my sister thought it was hilarious and awesome. Smiley winking

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is next weekend! We’re getting a party bus and doing a small town pub crawl. That’s all I know so far! I had I a say in the date and the bus but that’s it. My girls planned outfits, games, snacks and whatnot
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mayfield is very different! It’s a buffet, but with really amazing food. It’s fancier. Haha. You definitely dress up to go, but the show doesn’t start until after dinner and it’s usually not interactive. Jubilations are always so funny, and I love that the cast serves food and has fun with the guests! Mayfield is a nice night out, but I would rather jubilations for my stagette.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love escape rooms! That would’ve been another thing I would’ve been okay with! Neat idea to have a theme! And a limo!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was jubilations! I’ve never been to mayfield but would like to go sometime!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds like so much fun! Harry Potter escape Room? I love it!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you go to jubilations? Dinner theatre is exactly what I want to do for my bachelorette as well! I love Mayfields food better, but jubilations shows can’t be beat. They are always hilarious. Glad you had a great time!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds like a lot of fun! My MOH planned everything for me and I had no say (I could if I wanted to, but I was curious to see what she would come up with).

We went to Toronto since I had several bridesmaids from around Ontario, so it was a good middle ground. Mine was Harry Potter themed and we took a limo to a Harry Potter escape room. Then we ate pizza in the back of the limo and went out dancing. I'm not much of a club person, but they brought me to one that you had to be 21+, and it was actually pretty decent. I had a great time!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics