Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shelly-Anne
Newbie September 2021 Ontario

Supreme Luxury Event Venue Closed with no money back!

Shelly-Anne, on July 18, 2019 at 12:02 Posted in Wedding reception 0 14
Hi everyone,
I just received notice that Supreme Luxury Event Centre is now closed due to an HVAC failure. I just called their lawyer and they said they do not see clients who paid the deposit to get any of their deposits back anytime soon. There are supposed to be 45 bookings from now until 2021. Did anyone book with them? Any insight would be appreciated! Right now we paid the deposit and we cannot get it back.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on August 26, 2019 at 16:37
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg this is horrible!! but wont they fix the HVAC like in few weeks? like why arent they fixing it to get business back up and running?

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh dear that's terrible! Did you have wedding insurance? It should cover something like that.
  • Kris
    Frequent user October 2019 Nevada
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so sorry to hear that has happened, but glad you have some time to find a new venue. This is added stress you don't need. I do hope everything works out and good luck!

• Shelly-Anne
    Shelly-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for all your support everyone. It is very unfortunate and it is just bad timing because the venue and overall a lot of positive reviews and the venue looked great. Unfortunately we didn't end up getting wedding insurance (actually never of it, so thanks for bringing that up, Miav!). We will just have to keep on searching for a new venue. Luckily there's still time!
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is awful!! Now im lucky that they covered this kind of thing in my paperwork i signed. It said if anything from transportation shut down to acts of god is to happen i get a full refund. its only if i cancel less then 2 weeks before the date that i have to pay anything (72 hours is full price and i believe 2 weeks is 20%). keep pushing because those deposits aint cheap!

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is awful.. unfortunately, this is the risk with paying deposits. It's security for both the client and the vendor. It just sucks when it ends up being the client that gets left in the dust and out that money.

I highly doubt any venue will get you this money back unless you have some kind of insurance.

It's best to cut your losses and move on and find somewhere else.

Good luck !

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am sorry you are having to deal with this. There are so many unknowns which makes it more frustrating. Good luck in finding a new venue, keep us posted.

• Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm very sorry to hear this! Do you perhaps have wedding insurance? I think insurance can cover lost deposits in circumstances like this.. If you don't have it yet I highly recommend getting one to protect yourselves in any future similar situations

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that’s difficult, if they are filing for bankruptcy, even if they managed to sell the building, for example, and retain some funds - it all goes through a list of other people they owe money to.

I really hope your deposit wasn’t on the high end and perhaps your future venue can make up the difference somehow.

im so sorry this happened!!
  • Shelly-Anne
    Shelly-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I spoke with their rep lawyer and they said they 'do not see the light at the end of the tunnel yet', and encouraged us to keep checking back with them. They may also file for bankruptcy, since they're in a lot of debt. The event manager we were dealing with could no longer be contacted. We also could not reach the owner (not surprised!). So we are stranded. I feel bad for those who've booked with them and see getting married in a few weeks.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do they not provide any details of when it will be fixed? Perhaps that’s why they are holding the deposit? If they think it will be resolved in time.

If not, I would write a formal letter saying you’d like your deposit back to secure another venue or you will explore your litigation options. If they are going bankrupt though, it will be a more difficult process in getting your money back, if at all.
  • Shelly-Anne
    Shelly-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ladies... Yes I'll need to search for another venue. It's highly unfortunate! But I just can't believe they can do this to their clients :/
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is awful! I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no! I'm so sorry that this happened. How stressful. I hope this gets resolved soon, and you get your deposit back!

Are you in the process of looking for a new venue now?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics