Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Curious May 2022 Alberta

Sunday Wedding Start Time

April, on January 3, 2020 at 11:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Hi!

For those who are getting married on a Sunday or have gotten married on a Sunday, what time did you start the wedding? I was thinking 3-330pm? Not sure what the *best* time to start would be!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on January 5, 2020 at 12:28
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went to a wedding last year that started at 1100 and then had a brunch to follow which was pretty cool. If you're wanting to have a dance and stuff I guess keep that in mind for the time to start since a lot of people probably won't stay late if they have to work the next day.
  • Polina
    Beginner February 2020 Manitoba
    Polina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony start at 4:30 pm, then cocktail hour and dinner is 6ish pm. We just have a 3 course dinner and cake, no big reception, so people still can wake up for work the next day
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Timing can be on your terms unless the venue has a particular standard in their contract. The time you have chosen sounds good to follow through with reception afterwards. If you feel the timing should be earlier, set it so and make it a celebration for longer following through after with late lunch or dinner reception upon decision made.

Guests will be there to celebrate your new chapter in life making time to be present at your ceremony.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends what you want to do for the evening. i think on a sunday a lot of people wouldnt stay late so i would probably start the wedding around 1 or 2

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend got married on a Sunday and started her wedding at 5pm. Cocktail hour at 6, dinner at 7 with speeches in between, dancing at 9. Everything was over by midnight.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you are looking for guests to stay longer for the dancing, etc., I'd personally probably have the ceremony a bit earlier but that's just me.

• A
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are having the reception at the same place (that's a plus, people don't need to travel), we will be having cocktail hour, then reception with dinner and dance.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say probably the earlier the better if you are planning on also having a reception afterwards with dancing I'd say. People are less likely to stay later on Sundays.

If you aren't planning on hosting a reception with dancing after your ceremony, rather a tea or light refreshments, then I think 3-3:30 p.m. is fine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics