Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Missa
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

Summer wedding - Ideas for Honeymoon

Missa, on March 9, 2018 at 10:31 Posted in Honeymoon 0 11

Hi Everyone, we are only getting married next year but we are thinking about the honeymoon already. We are getting married in August, and I always thought we would go to either Punta Cana or Mexico, but I hear it can be tricky since hurricane season will be around that time. My doctor also advised me to stay away from tropical islands that have been affected with the ZIKA virus for atleast 6 months before we start trying for a baby, and I'm thinking I won't want to wait 6 months haha. So any ideas for destinations ? ( We only have a week).

11 Comments

Latest activity by Dani, on March 21, 2018 at 12:29
  • Dani
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anybody who has been or is considering Puerto Vallarta?

@Catherine Scottish Highlands?! OMG I am so happy for your.. they are beeeeeeautiful!! Smiley heart

• Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you so much everyone!! It's been very helpful Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wouldn’t let hurricane season stop you. You can get travel insurance for your trip and change dates if there is a hurricane. Our wedding is in August and we’re honeymooning in September. I’ve talked to lots of people who vacation in sept and say it’s their favourite time to go bc there are less crowds and it’s still hot just more humid.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married this September and are having the same problem ! we have been looking everywhere , as ideally we want a beach vacation. The best places Ive found have been on the Canary Islands ! there are all inclusive options for great prices !!! bit longer of a flight then say mexico, but there seems to be a lot to do there , on top of just lazing around on the beach ! Smiley smile - Its coming down to that for us, or do a cottage rental for september for a week and then go away on a beach vacation in the winter !

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends on the type of honeymoon - do you want to laze on a beach? Have some adventure? Tour around?
    What about Hawaii? There are some CRAZY deals at the end of august for flights right now (we were going to go after the wedding but are postponing to spring). Get an Airbnb - make your own meals, laze on a beach, go for hikes, surf, drink and be marry!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are road tripping across Canada, well three provinces. I've heard Vancouver is nice, the east coast, Montreal or Quebec City. And I know the feeling! That's why I'm not going anywhere warm either! That and my thoughts are staying within Canada, I'll be able to save money for our future little one.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bora Bora is a nice place to go and enjoy since they don't get any hits. Rooms have a ocean view too.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So Zika is not as prevalent as people think but I understand taking precautions. Not sure if you are aware that there is a blood test for Zika that you can do once home.
    I would stick to Canada or Europe if you are that worried about Zika. You may also want to check out the World Health Organizations website as they have a breakdown of which countries have Zika.

• Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you considered Europe? You could go to Italy (amazing place to visit and doable in a week), Greece, Spain or Croatia if you’re craving some heat. We’re also conscious of Zika -it’s not worth the risk- so are hiking the Scottish Highlands this July instead of the South American adventure we’d likely have chosen. It should be great anyway!
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Considering you only have one week, I'd stick with North America or Western Europe so that you don't spend a huge part of it in travel.

What are you looking for? Beaches? Nature? History? Rest? Something else?

Because of our short time frame, we've decided to stay in Quebec and visit a new region, and to make a bigger trip later, but you have one more year than we do to plan.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not sure where Zola virus has been but I've heard great things about vacations/honeymoons in Thailand, Australia and New Zealand. We are looking at going to any of those places or Ireland for ours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics