Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexa
Frequent user December 2017 Alberta

Suggestions Please! Casual Bachelorette in Banff

Alexa, on October 24, 2017 at 01:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Hi ladies,
I am trying to figure out how to plan a bachelorette. I've decided to go with the Friday night before our Sunday wedding. My FH will also be having his bachelor party then. It's scary, because its so close to the date. But we live far away from a lot of our friends and family, so it's one of the only chances to all get together.
So, that being said... does anyone have any bachelorette reccommedations for Banff AB? I was picturing some quiet cocktails and party games and then maybe go out dancing or something.. I have no clue lol. My MOH is planning it but I want to make sure it's what I want (over-organizer right here! Lol)

15 Comments

Latest activity by Alexa, on December 12, 2017 at 02:08
  • Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My hometown girlfriends ended up throwing me an off-the-chain amazing surprise Bachelorette! Took that whole issue right off the table lol. I figure if I had a great time, no point in organizing another one for the few people who missed it.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you figure out what to do? Banff is nice! If you don't mind a little bit of travelling for dinner Canmore is good. I've been to the Hogshead pub a couple of times and it's really good. In Banff, we went to somewhere generic (the keg or mr mikes.. I can't remember off the top of my head, but it was delicious too and had good drinks. Either way.. It will all turn out!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Trust me I know the feeling! I'm super type A and had a hard time letting go of some things during the wedding and planning process.
  • Sarah
    Curious January 2019 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is doing it right before the wedding frowned upon? Thats what I thought most couples did - has anyone done a combined party? Pros and Cons?

• Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah for sure Sonja! Thankfully its 2 days before the wedding, but still pretty close. It will definitely be low-key!
  • Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You are so right. It's hard to resist taking it off of her shoulders, but I'm sure she can handle it!
  • Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol somehow I totally forgot about that!! Thanks Lesley!
  • Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know, I know. I like planning and she doesn't, so it feels natural to take on more of the details for the bachelorette. But you're right Daphne! I should step back and ask her politely to figure it out lol
  • Alexa
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So true Bethany! I have been trying to make sure the entire weekend is perfect, I kind of forget that the town itself is full of possibilities and beauty. We can't go wrong! Thanks for keeping me positive!
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There's tons of nice rustic restaurants there too. It'll be beautiful and relaxing no matter what. Just driving thru Banff relaxes me
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes yes yes! Hot springs
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I echo the other ladies! If you're wanting to relax, you can always start off at the hot springs!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My advice would be to make sure you get enough rest on that weekend. The wedding is stressful enough without a bachelorette the day before. Try not to consume too much alcohol. You'll pay for it in the end and you want your pictures to look awesome.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest leaving it to your MOH with your parameters that it be casual, dinner and drinks and maybe dancing. I'm sure that as she is probably a close friend or family, she knows you enough to not plan anything that is not you.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d say let your MoH do the planning and just give her general guidelines of what you want to do. I wanted a low key bachelorette (dinner and drinks) and then let my MoH run with that. I had enough to plan/do for the wedding that it was nice to not have to deal with that too and the bride shouldn’t have anything to do with the planning of the bachelorette anyway, it’s the MoH’s job. Give her your likes/dislikes for a bachelorette and then let her organize everything.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics