Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie August 2021 Ontario

Suggestions needed: Small Calgary venues on short notice

Taylor, on November 14, 2020 at 20:30 Posted in Alberta 0 2

My fiancee and I live in Ontario and were planning to have our wedding here next summer, but we may adjust our plans as we recently learned his mother, who lives in Calgary, has terminal cancer. She insists she's going to make our Ontario wedding next summer, but we're trying to prepare ourselves for other possibilities.

I really don't know Calgary at all, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'm trying to put together a list of places in the city that could possibly accommodate a 25 guest, covid protocol friendly wedding on quite short notice. Weekday is just fine, which I'm hoping will take care of availability issues.
Our biggest criteria is finding a place that could help us on short notice (3 months or less), but if after that criteria we have some choice, we'd like something that feels close to nature and/or historic and romantic.

Thank you for any help or insights anyone is able to offer.

2 Comments

Latest activity by Christina, on November 18, 2020 at 21:56
  • Christina
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My heart goes out to you & your fiancee, as well as his mum Smiley heart

There are plenty of areas that do smaller-scale weddings. What style do you want? If you like breweries, Wild Rose brewery has a nice set up for a reception. The devonian gardens is a great little spot for the ceremony too (both are affordable places) and is run by the city of Calgary. Otherwise if you want a restaurant type place, the Dean House is lovely too.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you willing to make the drive to Banff? Most of the lodges are rustic looking and have an on-site restaurant. For historic looking spaces, host a ceremony and take photos at the Fairmont Banff Springs and host a reception in any of the restaurants in downtown Banff.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics