Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner February 2022 Ontario

Suggestions for fun wedding games

Janet, on July 9, 2020 at 23:09 Posted in Wedding reception 1 11

Hello all! Can you guys give some quick suggestions for really awkward and witty games for the bride and groom to make them play on their wedding reception in front of the guests? Also some entertaining games for the guests as well. Not interested in the normal card games, dominoes, ring toss, or stuff like that. Something unique and fresh. Thank you

11 Comments

Latest activity by A-W, on July 13, 2020 at 21:19
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could do a trivia game with funny questions about the bride and groom for guests to try and answer or a scavenger hunt game when guests are given a list of things to find and they take pictures of them, first person to find them all wins a prize or something. It can just be unique things they are at your venue already or things you hide around the place. Or even just pictures of certain people together (like the father daughter dance).
  • J
    Janet ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh!!! That looks really funny. Will definitely discuss this with my friends. Thanks a bunch Genevieve.

• J
    Janet ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah!!! It's entertaining. But I am looking for something unique as well. Anyway thanks for your suggestion Sarah. If you have any other games in my please do share.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely the Shoe Game. Entertaining and fun for everyone
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s just like regular bingo but you customize the spaces to say things you would typically expect to see in a typical wedding speech. Ie; funny childhood memories, dad jokes, speech giver cries, etc. You could customize it based on the couple and their interests.
    When my friends played it, it was just a game their table played to pass the time, not a sanctioned game so they didn’t yell bingo in the end.
  • J
    Janet ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Genevieve! That sounds fun. Can you please elaborate on the game?

• J
    Janet ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the suggestion Amanda. But I am looking for something unique and entertaining at the same time. If I am not able to figure something out by that time, I will consider this for sure.

• J
    Janet ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha... Oh, I love this episode! One of my favorites. Anyway thanks for your awkward yet funny suggestions I will be discussing this with my friends.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Blindfold the groom and have a bunch of ladies stand in a line and with their right arms out in front of them, hands ready to be held (mix in some guys if you want fun giggles). The blindfolded groom goes down the line and touches each hand while trying to guess which one is the bride's. If you want it more awkward, I've been to weddings where the bride does it, except it's the men's butts.

You can play the game that the Friends played when they bet the apartment vs the duck and chick.

If you want awkward, here's awkward: have the bride try and roll a raw egg up one pant leg of the groom, through the crotch and back down the other leg without breaking the egg. I suggest using a different pair of pants in case the egg breaks.

Obviously, these suggestions only work if guests are on the more open-minded side Smiley tongue

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree, the shoe game is a classic.
    I had a couple friends that played Speech Bingo at a reception as guests. They had squares like ‘Best Man makes a sex joke’ or ‘MOH references a childhood memory’. It was a great way to pass the time while still getting the fun out of the speeches.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my friends got married a couple of years ago and they played "The Shoe Game". It was actually pretty good!

Position two chairs, back to back so that you you and your husband can each have a seat.

You and your husband take off your shoes, and swap one so that each of you have one of each in your hands.

The DJ, MC or other host like your best man or maid of honor can then start to ask questions.

In order to answer the questions, you and your husband each lift a shoe, or even both in order to cast your vote on the answer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics