Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Prisca
Newbie August 2018 Ontario

Suggestion for a cheap place for our wedding ceremony

Prisca, on February 16, 2018 at 21:32 Posted in Ontario 0 13

Hello everyone,

We have finally booked a venue in Markham, ON. Now we are looking for suggestions on a location to host our wedding ceremony only preferably somewhere close to Markham since our guests will travel from the ceremony location to our venue in Markham for cocktail hour then the reception. Either indoor or outdoor location is fine. Thank you

13 Comments

Latest activity by Renee, on March 13, 2018 at 23:02
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Have you consulted with the venue? My venue and ceremony are the same. The square of a section of our room and drape it with fabric for the ceremony. Then when guests leave for the cocktail hour, they switch the room over. It's worth asking them as it would be much easier for you guys!
  • Jenna
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you thought about doing both the ceremony and the reception at the same place?? Were doing both of ours at Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum & Community Centre

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Keep in mind that there are microphones and speakers that can be powered through batteries or with a small generator. If the park has had ceremonies in the past, they would be able to suggest some rental places or something similar that could help with this.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out the city of Markham (or any other nearby cities) and see if they have any public parks to do a ceremony in.

• Prisca
    Prisca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes a community hall will work as well if you have any suggestion. Thank you

• Prisca
    Prisca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you very much, we are looking for anything inexpensive. Community hall, garden....
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Would a community hall do or your looking for a proper venue? I have a cousin that lives in that area that can help.
  • Prisca
    Prisca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I looked at some of the parks but they don't have access to electricity to the Gazebo and we need microphones and speakers since we are expecting 100 people for the ceremony.
  • Prisca
    Prisca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I did used the search on the website as well but not came up. So I was wondering if anyone here has had an outdoor ceremony in Markham or near Markham.
  • Prisca
    Prisca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We can but my fiancé want to keep the surprise effect when the guest first walk in for the reception. That's why we are looking for a different location for the ceremony. Thank you
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I use the web search for everything. Have you tried looking under venues in markham? The number that shows and located will give an idea to how close it will be near your reception.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married at our venue. They are setting up a ceremony space for us. Can your venue accomodate that? My mom and Stepdad had their cremeony at the Royal Botanical Gardens in Niagara Falls and it was beautiful! I know Niagara is far for you but maybe there is something like that out your way that you could call and see?
  • Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can you do the ceremony at the same venue?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics