Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allen
Devoted April 2019 Ontario

Stressed!

Allen, on December 12, 2018 at 09:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
So I work full-time, I also own a business. And it requires alot of work to fulfill customers orders. Attached is what I make and sell. It seems crazy around this time of year. Orders coming in left and right. Which is great. My wedding is in 4.5 months (may 4th). I havent had much time to work on it. I know I cant procrastinate. I need to inventory what I have versus what I still need. Luckily Facebook groups have been helpful with getting things cheap or free. My biggest things are done: venue, officiant, dress, rings, shoes, makeup artist, hairstylist. Food is potluck. I try to be as organized as possible, can I just send easy recipes to people to bring that? Takes the guessing out of it all.

I found alot of glass looking plastic tableware at Michael's. I originally wanted to rent everything. But it's too much to rent and clean. Or am I just too worried, just use the high quality plastic and get over it?

My venue only allows masking tape or green painters twpe for the walls, how am I going to hang string lights?

I'm sorry for all the questions, I can't seem to figure them out!!

Stressed! 1

5 Comments

Latest activity by Allen, on December 12, 2018 at 21:43
  • Allen
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! It's alot of work but fulfilling. There are tons of people coming from London area (I'm in Peterborough). I definitely will do plastic, less worry about Washing and returning all the dishes! I found gold plastic cutlery $20 for 120. Doesn't look like plastic!

I started getting packaged candy for the candy bar tonight, there's one thing I've done lol!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love what you make! So cute!
    Potlucks can be a little tricky to organize if there is a huge amount of people. Are you asking all guests to bring a dish? Or just closer family/friends? If just closer family and friends, you can probably be a little more specific with what you need each person to bring. If you’re asking everyone too, you could maybe divide up the invites into groups for protein, salad, vegetable, starch/grain, dessert etc. I wouldn’t ask anyone to make specific recipes or even specific dishes, I would be general and allow them to decide. Keeping in mind if anyone has to travel, they might find it difficult to bring a dish.
    I think you should go with plastic. Renting is way to much work and I don’t think anyone would mind
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You seem well organised! I understand the impatient part of it too, I feel like I have lots to do, but I can't do it until closer to the date/in London next.

For your tableware, I would buy the high-end plastic stuff, that way you do not have to worry about returning the rentals.

You can also talk to the people doing the potluck food and ask what they are thinking of doing, that way you have an idea of what is to come.

• Allen
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!

I have alot of string lights but I don't think I have enough so slowly working on it, everytime I go to a second hand store I buy em out.

There's so much to do but I can't do something's, ( I'm using real flowers from Costco lol) I have to wait to get a move in for suits probably alreast January or February..I'm an impatient person
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Recipes: I would say that you could give suggestions but I wouldn't ask people to bring a certain thing unless they ask you what you would like.

Tableware: IMO I would just get over it and buy the high quality stuff. That's probably what I will be doing as well for my wedding.

String Lights: Should be fine - just use a lot! (If you are worried about the colour just remember that masking tape comes in lots of different colours: Check out Canadian tire!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics