Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Missa
Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick

Stress and time management

Missa, on September 6, 2018 at 07:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20
Hey everyone!

So Im less than a year out and I was wondering how you guys planned your planning/ manage stress? Example, one task, one decision a week?

All my vendors are booked, now its time to make decisions on details, decide on a vision etc!

Any tips?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on October 4, 2018 at 00:39
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love that you have a checklist! It's good to see things being accomplished - however big or small they may be. You keep doing you girl Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Checklist on this site is great and i didnt do do a quarter of the things listed since it wasn't needed. It does help to know that your getting tasks done and keeping your vendors updated at times.
  • Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like that Smiley smile And I agree. At first, I think I was planning it for everyone else I'm definitely working on that! To help with the stress I ended up creating a master check list with tasks to attack every week so, when I do I cross it off and then I focus on other things until the next week Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I previously suffered from intense wedding planning related stress and the thing that started calming me down was taking care of myself. I've put myself first, started improving my health, and am remaining focused on the fact that this wedding is to celebrate the life-long commitment FH and I are making to each other and no one else.

The wedding will happen and people will enjoy it, so I'm just attempting to enjoy this process and know that it will all work out fine.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most vendors were taken care of first and then focused on most online shopping as half the purchases became free due to late arrivals or fefunds having to keep the item for free too.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yup!! I'm just over a year but it'll come up fast Smiley laugh

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes - my goal for the weekend is to create a master check list with the different checklists I have on hand - I like the one here and I just downloaded the one from kennedyblue!

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha I hear you - I once woke up my FH at 1 in the morning because I couldn't figure out what we would feed our wedding party before the ceremony hahah. We'll get there!! Less than a year out ! Smiley smile

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm the same! I have gone completely off the grid for a few days when planning is getting too much! I also have periods where I plan 24/7 (I stayed up until 3am researching photographers one time lol).

Good luck with your planning too!

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like the one thing at a time. I definitely have phases where I don't touch anything and other weeks where I'll all over the place. I may make a detailed to do list with a timeline of when it should be done and concentrate on one item at a time! Thank you! Smiley smile Good luck with your planning!

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just downloaded the checklist on kennedyblue, thanks for the tip!! Its so thorough! Smiley smile I like the no weekend rule - but my fh and I rarely have time to discuss and make decisions during the week so, i think I'll do like one decision if needed by weekend haha!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

To-do lists are my best friends, I love the one on WW when you go to cross an item off, there's a animation that actually crosses the item off! Sounds like you got a lot done with vendors booked.

I focus on one thing at a time; one week I worked on getting guest list addresses for my side. This week, I'm slowly researching DJs and looking to start contacting some firms. Some weeks I'll do nothing except go on WW community. If you can afford to take a few days off from planning, your sanity will thank you!

Pinterest is a great resource for visions and details, try not to let it take over your life!!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was like you and booked almost all my vendors early. (we are getting married July 2019). I wanted those out of the way so each month we could pay some more towards them.

for me. I try my best not to do any wedding planning over the weekend. unless I have to (like I went dress shopping on a Saturday). that way our weekends are still just with my FH or our friends. I don't even go on WW on the weekends.

I found an amazing checklist on kennedyblue when it came to planning. it is the best one I've seen out there.

• Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats a great idea! I will work on that this weekend!!
  • Missa
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you!! Im happy to hear that you just decided on your final decor as Im doubting my choices already!
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Checklists are your best friend! The one on WeddingWire combined with The Knot I found to be very helpful. I also then created one myself on excel with more specific items once I knew exactly what I wanted. I got addicted to wanting to check things off the list so it helped me focus on what needed to be done and how early I could start working on them.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with list making - it's my go to and it really helps me de-stress as I can see what needs to be done. Make that list and then put them in order of what would need to be done sooner compared to later and then divide the amount of tasks over the amount of time you have left to get them done (just make sure you don't leave yourself things to do the week before or maybe 2 weeks before). Then you will have a better idea of what you need to get done each week.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% make yourself a timeline based checklist! I used the one here and mixed it with a few others I found online and following it has been my best stress relief! I know were on track and I know what has to be done next!
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found the checklist on here to be very helpful. I’m like 4 months out and have decided what to do for decor just within the last week. I made a to do list for things for each me and my fiancé to do with the things on the checklist hear. For me it feels really good to be able to cross them off and then I can make sure he’s working on some of the planning as well. Look at Pinterest, you can get lots of ideas from there, but don’t get over whelmed just take things as they come. Also I find there are other little things that need to be planned like bathroom baskets that aren’t on the checklist. You can totally add in those extras for what you are planning. Also reaching out to your bridal party for help or on here for ideas and feedback really helped me decide on what I wanted to do for my centre pieces.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics