Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kendra
Beginner July 2021 Ontario

Strapless Bras and Shapewear

Kendra, on November 17, 2019 at 18:20 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6

Hi Ladies!!

I'm going dress shopping for the first time in two weeks! (EEEEKKK!!!) and need some advice on a REALLY good strapless bra and shapewear. I have large breasts (currently 36E) and want a good bra and shapewear to at least try on gowns. I would love to have a low back dress but will have to determine if the dress would be supportive enough without a bra.

Any reccommendations are appreciated!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Kendra, on November 18, 2019 at 21:24
  • Kendra
    Beginner July 2021 Ontario
    Kendra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you all so much! This has really helped!

• Lindsay
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agonized over finding a strapless bra and I just ended up taking it off and trying on the dresses braless! Even the dresses without a corset back had some sort of cup built into them so I felt secure enough and I felt they fit and looked sooo much better without a bra.

I got the high waist shape shorts from La Vie en Rose and I love them. They're comfy, don't roll down and smoothed out the areas I was concerned about.

I'm still not totally convinced I want to go braless on my wedding day (I'm a 36DD), so I'm going to buy some breast lift stickers (also found at La Vie en Rose) to take to my first fitting.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can get the dress altered with cups put in them thats what i am doing! i dont want to wear a bra on my wedding date or have my bra straps showing lol

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would try looking at lingerie stores near you - most sell Spanx which IMO is the best and will be able to point out strapless bras.

I'm a 34DD and I actually had an older bra (that still fit) sewn into the dress (the cups) for some added support.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What I did for mine was make sure the seamstress would be there the day I went looking Smiley tongue With having my 36J boobs I wanted to make sure whatever dress I got it would work with either a regular bra or have them tell me they can make it work braless (which worked out as the dress I wore was a deep V-neck with an illusion back button up).

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I brought a strapless bra to dress shopping and my consultant told me not to bother. She said straps and bra colors can sometimes ruin the look of the dress and you might not find "the" dress.

I'm not as busty as you, but I do know that a good seamstress can make sure you are supported for the whole day long.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics