Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Allison
Master October 2019 Ontario

Stories vs. Hashtags

Allison, on December 16, 2019 at 13:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Hello everyone!

During today's Monday game, Old School vs. Online Collecting Guest photos, I realized that not a lot of guests used our hashtag, which I'm glad I didn't put too much thought into it now, but instead like using Facebook/Instagram stories (maybe Snapchat but I'm not on it lol).

While I'm glad they got to share while simultaneously not posting before the bride, it sucks because I had to catch them before they expired in 24 hours and I couldn't download them. I believe Snapchat has an "our story" feature where users can post to one story, but it would be cool if Facebook and Instagram had a feature where the couple could create an "our story" and people could share to there and then the couple has access to it and can download/archive the our story as you can with your own stories. I know Facebook has birthday stories, so it would be neat if they could do the same for weddings/other special occasions.

Just thought I'd share my experience with guest photo-sharing. I have asked guests who posted on their stories if they could kindly post on social media but it would be neat to eliminate that with the our-story concept.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on December 19, 2019 at 13:07
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

For sure, at least with the hashtags, you can search them long after the wedding.

Stories, however, disappear after 24 hours :/

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol yes!! Gotta get in touch now

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That would be a great thing to connect to FB, Instagram and other sites that can share stories and/or hashtags that are used or part of the day.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats a great idea. sell it to fb's marketing team lol!!!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think so? I'm very much a story noob, I've posted a story once maybe twice in my lifetime lol.

It's too late for my wedding, but I was just wondering if people have heard of a way to share stories with someone/have a group story where guests could post to a master story, as well as their own so the bride/groom can have access to the master story and download/archive.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did see some from the ceremony (also unplugged) but people were sneaky about it (i.e. couldn't see it in our photographer's photos).

We always had the hashtag, but I think people didn't want to post before I did (some did, I don't really care lol) so they went the story route instead (that way it wasn't "posted" on the newsfeed? I dunno).

I'm not a snapchat/story person to begin with, so I don't understand it too much, but you'd think if Facebook can have birthday stories (i.e. friends send bday wishes over the story and I think the recipient can download/archive those), they'd be able to have something similar to share photos from special events, like a wedding.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Allison, You can share ppl stories from Facebook. Is that what you were talking about?

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We noticed the same thing. We had an unplugged ceremony, so there were no pictures from the ceremony which I liked because all our pictures show everyone in the moment.

But then there were a lot of snap chats, instagram stories etc. We came up with a # last minute because our DJ asked before we did the entrances LOL.

I honestly reached out to everyone that had posted something to save it and send it to me before the 24 hours was up, and I got a good chunk of pictures that way.

Many tagged me in the posts, so I was able to save from that. But it would be so much easier if there was a way to save it without annoying people LOL

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics