Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bethany
Super July 2018 Alberta

Stag and Does/ Jack and Jill

Bethany, on November 30, 2017 at 20:56 Posted in Before the wedding 0 19
What did you guys wear? We are not planning our event so we are unsure what to expect! I haven't been to one in over three years! Pretty sure they haven't changed but I am unsure what to wear! Let me know what you think!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 19, 2017 at 08:46
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our friends threw us one and they got customized tops saying front Wayne and Vinod's and the back saying Bitches. As the grooms, just semi formal with groom ro be basges on the shirt. The girls got us glasses to drink too matching our badges.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Alexis! My FSIL actually had them made from a company in Sault Ste Marie. I don't believe they ship online. However, you can find shirts very similar to these from etsy. Multiple different shops make them.

• Alexis
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are adorable - do you know where I can get them? Would love to have them made up for my stag and doe!

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha that's cute! Yeah your wedding party may convince you to wear a veil or something like that.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol thanks! Probably not but you never know. My mom got me that for the engagement party and I ended up giving it to my niece lol
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very cute! I love the fact you have a veil too! Will you be wearing that for your stag and doe too?
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The only problem is my bridal party won't be there as its a couple provinces over. I'm contemplating the plaid but we will see! I think I will definitely do the causal clothing.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that is great sayings! Love them! Every cute!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay good to know!! Yes I've been super worried as they haven't really included me in the process because they want it to be a surprise. Which I appreciate but it makes me a tad nervous! And I'm worried too because my sister and I aren't really getting along at the moment either. Oh well! I'm sure it should turn out. I'm staying positive 😊
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were having ours in the summer and we both love our Blue Jays, we got these made last year for our engagement party so we will probably just wear them for the stag and doe as well...

Stag and Does/ Jack and Jill 1
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't having one (I've actually only heard of them happening In Ontario, maybe a few other eastern provinces). But, I would ask your bridal party what you should wear. It could depend on the theme or what is happening. My friend had a family one in a backyard that was country theme, so they wore jeans, plaid, and cowboy boots. One I planned we had T-shirts made for the bridal party. My Sister-in-law wanted to wear a dress to hers, but everyone else was fairly casual.

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had shirts made... (My shirt was white - everyone else was Navy) you could do your wedding colours if you wanted. and we wore jeans.
    Mine said - Buy me a shot, I'm tying the knot.
    Groom - Buy me a brew before I say I do.
    Bridal party shirts said either - bride/groom drinking team

20376086_10155408092190610_7993724518536

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I didn't want one. His parents through us one in Sault Ste Marie, about 7 hours from where we live. It went well. It went by REALLY fast. We didn't have many people either but made good money because the people that came were all close friends and family. I was also stressed about being there because I wasn't in a good place with my FSIL before traveling there. It turned out well though.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is awesome! Absolutely love them! Did you enjoy your stag and doe? Find it challenging at all? I'm so nervous that there won't be many people! 😬 (Even if we sell a bunch of the tickets). I'm in Alberta and my mom and sister are planning one for New Years in Ontario for when we come out. Haha I know I don't need to be stressed but still kind of am.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FSIL had shirts made for us. The girls shirts read bride tribe, including my flower girl (two of my bridesmaids didn't show), the groomsmen had shirts that said groomsmen, and our family members had shirts made for who they are (ex. mother of the bride). As you can see in the photo there is a male wearing a bride tribe shirt lol he helped us out the day of our stag and doe (my fiance's cousin) so we made him an honorary bridesmaid for that day.

Stag and Doe shirtsStag and Does/ Jack and Jill 2

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is true!! Very cute! I may need to look into this option. I know our theme is a lumber Jack and Jill so may lead we will get matching red and black plaid.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah the ones I've been to everyone has been pretty casual too! But I've never really payed attention to what the future bride and groom has been wearing. Not sure if I should wear a skirt or just blue jeans lol
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The one's I've been to have been pretty casual. Jeans and t-shirt type of affairs. My friend made shirts for the wedding party to wear at hers so people would know who we were for tickets and such.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mr&MRSStag and Does/ Jack and Jill 3MR&MRSStag and Does/ Jack and Jill 4

It would be really cute if you got matching shirts with your FH!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics