Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Frequent user November 2021 Ontario

Stag and Doe - Yes or No?

Racheal, on April 11, 2019 at 12:29 Posted in WeddingWire 0 10

We've been playing with the idea of having Stag and Doe type activities at our actual wedding afterparty rather than having a separate event for it. The idea of a Jack/Jill or Stag/Doe is relatively new-aged anyhow. Really? I'm just trying to avoid the extra planned event. LOL

Are you having one? Do you have an alternative idea? Smiley ring

10 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on April 16, 2019 at 17:40
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not having one because a) who wants to plan something else? and b) people in our circle don't really have stag and does.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are trying to do a fundraiser for your wedding and don't want to do a Stag and Doe, you could do a bucket of booze raffle or prizes raffle. I'm in a wedding party where they did $500 value of booze and people buy tickets, they did a facebook page and invited people so we could sell tickets. Then on day we do raffle will be a live facebook video. Tickets are 10 each or 3 for 20

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Firstly, your makeup in your avatar looks Smiley love .

Secondly, I'm not having one, but if it won't be too much stress to plan and you like the idea behind it, go for it!

• R
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good point, Casey. I think it'll be good to just have something for guests to do and skip the paid aspect. I'm so bipolar on it.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s not for us, personally. But I’ve heard they are fun and can be quite successful financially! You make a good point ...it is planning another event, and needing to find prizes, etc. It can be a lot of work.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think if you just do the game aspect of it, would give guests something to do if they don't want to dance. I personally would stay away from the games if I had to pay for them at a wedding

• R
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol! A paid admission wedding. Hm. What a way to keep the uninvented guests out.
    Hopefully your social was a blast to make up for the work! I was a bridesmaid for my little cousin last year and her J&J KILLED us. Definitely a lot of work.

• R
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I felt like it would maybe be a good alternative to wedding gifts - participate in little games or raffles during cocktail hour/dance for those who wouldn't want to get on the dancefloor. Does it sound... I don't know... rude? To have pay-to-play little activities? Passive things would proably be better to avoid needing someone to "host" them --- like the raffles you said!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have a Stag & Doe but we DID have a Wedding Social - 10/10 worth it profit wise, but 10/10 the main reason to never get married more than once Smiley tongue SO MUCH WORK!!! Way more work than planning the actual wedding.

If the Stag & Doe would only be for the games aspect of it then I think it would be fine to skip it till the wedding (as long as you don't charge people for an entry ticket).

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For us, we are not having a stag and doe. No one in our wedding party was really jumping at the idea to plan it, so we just stopped entertaining the idea and save us the stress and extra money/time.

I have seen other people do raffles. So getting 2 big ticket items ( I've seen $500 LCBO gift card and TV) having people buy tickets (ex. 1 for $7 and 3 for $20) to bring in money and then do a Facebook live to draw the name and give out the prizes.

Are you just looking to do the activities at your wedding? Or doing the activities and charging a fee like a stag and doe to make the money? You could set up the activities during cocktail hour for people to participate in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics