Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Splurge on a short honeymoon or spend less so you can stay longer?

Lynnie, on 27/May/2019 at 09:05 Posted in Honeymoon

Would you rather go all out on a luxury honeymoon that only lasts a few days? Or plan a more budget-friendly trip that lasts a lot longer?

Which would you choose?

Splurge on a short honeymoon or spend less so you can stay longer? 1

Photo from Glow Travel & Events in Welland, ON

giphy.gif

Thanks for weighing in and answering all of our questions! If you missed any, you can see them all linked here: Would You Rather?

Make sure you didn't miss our other recent games: Canadian Trends and Traditions, Never, Always, or Sometimes? Round Two!, and All about catering.

Share:

38 Comments

• Tamara
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Tamara ·

The preference would be to spend less and stay longer, but we only have a couple weeks worth of vacation... So we're splurging on a shorted vacation.

• BunnyBride
    Devoted August 2020 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·

Spend less and stay longer. Leading idea at the moment is going to one of the big nerdy cons in Toronto or Vancouver, but there's lots to do in those cities that isn't outrageous. More time to explore and enjoy the city would be amazing!

• Amanda
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·

We are doing the shorter but all out!

We wanted to do two weeks away to Aruba, but have settled for 10 days instead & made sure we will be booking a Vacation that we may never be able to do again lol

• Kat D
    Curious April 2021 Manitoba
    Kat D ·
    We are planning on going on a three week trip to Florida a few months after the wedding, so we have plenty of time to save up for it.
  • Nelly
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    Splurge on our perfect destination. We’re only entitled to two weeks vacation
  • Jenna
    Frequent user September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    We have no honeymoon plans but splurge! Our jobs don’t allow us much time off anyway haha
  • Becky
    Featured September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·

Budget friendly!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·

I would rather spend less and stay longer. As long as someone takes care of my cats while I'm gone! lol

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra Online ·
    Spend less and stay longer! I want more time with my hubby
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    I would rather spend four days in a really nice place than a week in an average place!
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    My in-laws paid for our honeymoon we are gone for a whole week.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    We splurged on a short trip. We did our “honeymoon” night last night to Niagara Falls and stayed in an amazing room with an outstanding view which was fantastic and did some small cheap activities around the falls and it was the perfect 24 hour trip
  • Bianca
    Featured August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·

Splurge! I've had crappy, long trips, and amazing, short trips, and the short ones were better.

• Erin
    Super May 2020 Ontario
    Erin ·
    I feel like this should be cut and dry but there are so many variables to consider but i can't imagine paying for a trip that is only a few days long when you could spend less and get more time.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    Luckily we can afford to go on a long honeymoon and not worry about spending too much. But we would definitely choose to stay long and spend less
  • Amelia
    Featured September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·

The goal is to spend less to stay longer and see more.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles