Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenna
Curious October 2018 Ontario

Special mention to the non-attenders

Jenna, on September 27, 2018 at 09:57 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5

In our ceremony we want a saying for non-attenders (unable to travel the distance or to busy to attend ) I already have one for people that have passed away, any ideas??

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on October 20, 2018 at 10:37
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its best not to mention anything about no one being there since they can't make it to your wedding. Be grateful to those guests there at the wedding and reception and say for those in heaven. That should be sufficient.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ditto this! If they can't come, it's unfortunate but not something that needs to be mentioned.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you need to do anything... unless you've done some destination wedding where many of your close family and friends aren't able to attend.

You don't really thank people for not attending your wedding... haha.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally I wouldn't be mentioning those who didn't attend... just like how they won't be getting a thank you card (unless they were to send us a card of course).

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My sister did this for her wedding as it was in Australia and not many family members could make it due to the expense.
    She had my uncle gather small messages from couples, or families that were not able to attend and read those. Gave it a little bit more of a personal touch from each family that couldn't attend

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics