Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Sparkle and Shine!

Tori, on February 19, 2020 at 09:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 34

Hey there girls (and boys)!

As some of you may remember, when planning out my colour scheme for my wedding we went with my favourite colour of PLUM and my Husband's favourite colour of Teal - but we needed that extra colour to make it less like a peacock and to lean more towards a fall time wedding.

Sparkle and Shine! 1

After attending my Husband's Cousin's wedding, we realized she picked the exact same colours as us! What are the chances???? But for her summer wedding she chose to go with Gold as her accent colour and she just so happened to lean into the whole peacock aspect of the colours - so there was that!?

For our wedding we went with Copper as our pop of shine, but in the end I think it ended up looking like our main colour and that the Plum and Teal were just accents Smiley tongue

Sparkle and Shine! 2

Are any of you going to be using a metalic or sparkly/shiney colour as an accent? What about as a main? Just in your jewellery? How did you chose your sparkle?

tenor.gif

(Gold, Rose Gold, Silver, Copper, Glitter, etc.)

34 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 23, 2020 at 12:58
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The picture didn't go through my phone though I can put on here now. The pop of colours were vibrant and colourful.

Sparkle and Shine! 3

• lkbuck
    Curious January 2021 New Brunswick
    lkbuck ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No gold jewelry at all! My bridesmaids are wearing sequined gold dresses and some of the decor with be gold but not a lot
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

With our venue picking up more and more popularity they're already booked for this year and the next during our anniversary - but I checked our 5 and 10 year anniversaries and they fall on a Saturday and then a Friday... so I might have to look into booking it sooner rather than later 😲

For sure going to encourage all my friends to get married there though so that we can get more pictures there in different seasons Smiley tongue

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! I think we should go there this year for our first anniversary. It will be super nostalgic.
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhhh, well that was super nice of them - and I guess now you can go to that restaurant for anniversaries eh? I already know that for my 5th or 10th anniversary I'm going to want to rent a cabin at the place we got married Smiley ring Smiley heart

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They actually belonged to our venue, so we got to use them for free! Our venue was a restaurant, so they used the lamps on their tables during the week (Tuesday-Saturday). Since we got married on a Sunday and they were closed to the public, we got to borrow them.
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My gosh that sounds so romantic - the colours in themselves were already romantic imo but that is just the cherry on top! Were they rented or did you buy them? If you bought them - where??

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, they were turned on just before guests were seated. They had oil in them, so they had a nice glow.
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It looks amazing Smiley love Did you end up lighting the lamps at all?

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Gold was our accent metal. My jewellery is gold and the lamps on our tables were a gold-ish colour (I think they were brass). We didn't have a lot of gold in the decor, but we did get a gold overlay for our head table.
    Sparkle and Shine! 4

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

See, and I have a white gold ring, so I had thought about it for our wedding, but idk, copper somehow won me over - probably because I had a fall wedding Smiley tongue Otherwise silver would have been a good option (given that my cousin in-law used gold).

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are using sliver as our accent color. i really think it will make the blue and pink pop!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh for sure - we got engaged Dec. 30th 2017 and didn't finalize the colours until our Wedding Social (March 2018) and even then, we didn't add the copper colour as an accent until about 2 months before our wedding Smiley atonished

• Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just looked up mauve wedding and another colour I would of never thought of is dusty blue I’m really feeling the dusty blue colour so glad I have time to figure it out
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmmm, I did a quick google search for french blue to give me an idea of what the colours would look like together and this picture popped up:

Sparkle and Shine! 5I think the silver looks great!! (I know the blue on this is a bit on the darker side, but it still gets the point across imo)
  • Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I do love me some sliver, but right now I’ve been finding rose gold is very nice. I’m just not sure if we are going to use any sparkle yet . My Colours are going to I believe mauve and maybe French blue Sparkle and Shine! 6

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If my Cousin in-law hadn't used gold for her wedding just 2 months prior to mine I'm sure we would have chosen that as our sparkle Smiley atonished Plus you can find way more decor in gold compared to copper!!! Is your jewellery gold as well?

• lkbuck
    Curious January 2021 New Brunswick
    lkbuck ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose Navy and sparkly gold!
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Will you be adding in some silver like Amelia? Maybe something on your dress or jewellery to give you that pop of sparkle/bling?

• S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are my colours as well....
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes!! I so wish we would have had a winter wedding Smiley love Too bad the DH veto'd it!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very true - hopefully that will help to sell my decor Smiley tongue

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've always loved silver. Though I have been really loving rose gold lately. I'll still be using red, blushes and silver. I also want sparkly whites that remind me of snow drifts.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah the venue has silver cutlery. You were probably ahead of the curve with the copper. I think more places are just starting to get copper items now - at least in Ontario anyway! And the napkins are such a cute idea!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did and here is a picture.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Once they are done, i will for sure post pics!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes!! That sounds like it would be very elegant and sleek!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice, I can't wait to see you post pictures of the wine bottles painted all nice and pretty!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhh, originally I had wanted to get copper charger plates - but none of the rental places here in Manitoba had any Smiley atonished Instead I went with custom napkins from WeddingStar.ca and I think they turned out better than a charger plate and were used instead of just for look!

Sparkle and Shine! 7We instead had the cutlery as copper - which I assume your cutlery will be silver either way?

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

True - but you did have some bling on your outfits!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If I had to define our colors they would be gold, black, and white. I love the modern elegance of simple white flowers with greenery with accents of gold in candle holders and frames.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My centerpieces will be spray painted a rose gold metallic, the rest of the colours are various shades of pink.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics