Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jenny
Curious October 2021 Ontario

Space/astronomy themed wedding?

Jenny, on April 27, 2019 at 19:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13
Hi everyone!

Our wedding isn’t until October 2020 but I’ve been brainstorming ideas for the theme. One of the ideas I had was something space/astronomy related since we’re both fascinated by the subject. Our venue is an old mill and it’s very rustic, so we don’t want to have a tacky space themed wedding. I was thinking of just incorporating small space-themed elements into our decor (ex. planet names instead of table numbers, fairy lights incorporated into centrepieces to be like the stars)

Has anyone done a similar wedding theme before? I’d love to see photos of what you did for inspiration!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Jenny, on May 1, 2019 at 08:27
  • Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love the sparkler idea! Will definitely keep that in mind.
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jenny,

Definitely the fairy lights or rustic string lights. Might I suggest sparklers for the night when you're dancing or doing your exit? That would be a really night photo op. Maybe you can even do a little DIY with the centerpieces with sparkles so that at night the candles can reflect off the sparkles. Table names could be plants, or names of constellations?

Your wedding sounds super romantic! Can't wait to hear your updates.

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Everything looks amazing! I’m absolutely in love with your backdrop. It’s so magical and beautiful. 😍
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahah! Yep we are doing poutine too!!! It's my FH's favourite food! I honestly doubt he'll have dinner he'll just wait for the poutine haha!

I do not have any full photos of our centre pieces yet but I do have an inspiration photo of the colours we're doing for the flowers! We will have these on gold candelabras and then twinkle lights wrapped in sparkle tulle at the bottom!

Also I have attached my bouquet (with my galaxy purple orchids) and our head table backdrop! Wont be the exact set up but the starry night backdrop is what we're using!

Also I saw someone else mention signature drinks! We are doing a blue raspberry drink with vodka and naming it the Blue Midnight!

Backdrop!Space/astronomy themed wedding? 1

CentrepieceSpace/astronomy themed wedding? 2

Bridal Bouquet! Space/astronomy themed wedding? 3

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The invitations and glasses are so pretty!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I saw some cakes that were themed this way awhile ago. They had ones that looked like sunsets and had their initials "written in the stars" all that sort of stuff so it's totally doable! For sure look online for some inspiration photos! I attached some photos that come up if you look for "starry night wedding" . I know for a fact that Vistaprint has a similar design to the one showing on the welcome sign Smiley smile

Welcome table inspo?Space/astronomy themed wedding? 4These are amazing!Space/astronomy themed wedding? 5welcome signSpace/astronomy themed wedding? 6wine glassesSpace/astronomy themed wedding? 7

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve definitely lurked her profile for ideas haha. Everything looks so cool!
  • Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The mason jar idea is really cool! Thanks!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great theme and some ways to incorporate ideas is:

Planet and stars names for Tables as your planning to do. Really great idea

Décor for the table can be mason jars with cosmic paper cut strips for the inner bottle and string lights that will give that bright light through the paper. If you feel to poke slight holes in the cosmic paper to let that light go out too.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was going to comment that there was someone- couldn't place name who had the same theme! Stephanie did a lot DIY and all look amazing. I am sure if you check out her profile and under her photo's section would be more photos of projects shes posted.

• Jenny
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing, I love it! I would love to see photos of your centrepieces. I haven’t got a clue where to start with mine.

Also we’re having a poutine station for our late night snack too! (Wouldn’t be a Canadian wedding without it)
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HELLO YES!!!! Our whole these is space/galaxy themed! Colours, decorations, cake! It's all got the galactic vibe to it! We are doing purple flowers on gold centrepieces and then the back has a sparkle tulle with the fairy lights woven around in them! They are so nice! All of our printed items have been space themed, I actually just finished the menu designs! Even out homemade wine for favours we have named Supernova and Aurora Borealis! If you want to see anything specific from our wedding let me know and I will show you! Our menu is below! : )

Circle menu for gold charger plates! Space/astronomy themed wedding? 8

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have never seen this theme done before but i feel like you could incorporate it throughout with colours and small details. Your cake could be round like a planet. Your signature drink could represent your theme. I am sure you can find inspiration online.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics