Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Karlee
Beginner December 2021 New Brunswick

Soup Bar

Karlee, on January 27, 2020 at 07:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16
I’m wanting to do the a soup bar for my Dec wedding. Can’t find much on Pinterest! What I thought about doing was having each person in the wedding party submit their favorite recipe for stew, chowder or soup and name it after them. Have a ton of different breads/biscuits, salads and compound butters.

Thoughts?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on January 30, 2020 at 21:53
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is an awesome idea! You could have a lot of fun with it too; do a rich, creamy chowder of some sort, chilli, a lighter, vegetable broth based soup, chicken noodle and then an assortment of crusty rolls, garlic breads/toasts, basic bread and butter to compliment each one.
  • T
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love soup...and grilled cheese so much it hurts.. lol this is an awesome idea for a winter wedding!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What a great idea! yum soup! I'm totally jumping on the grilled cheese sandwich bandwagon too.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds great and then you can do buffet style and people can get whatever they want!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Soup bar sounds amazing, yet not filling for dinner. Other options can be served as well being salads, dips, vegetables, hot food and fruit. Variety given so that others can enjoy what's available on the table.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yum I love soup! I'd totally be down for soup and sandwiches. I usually make buttermilk biscuits when I make soup kids love them.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am jumping on the grilled cheese band wagon!
    Baguettes sliced up or nice crusty rolls are always great too.
    A cracker bar could be cute. You could have saltines, Ritz, and even goldfish. It might be a good idea to post an ingredient list or even have the recipes on cards for the guests. It will help with anyone who has allergies and also if someone likes a soup they don't need to chase you for the recipe.
  • Karlee
    Karlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yess! Crackers 🤦🏻‍♀️ Of course. Wonderful ideas
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds amazing!!! I would add the grilled cheese as well as finger sandwhiches - I don't know about you, but whenever it was soup for supper in my house growing up we always had a sandwhich to dip in it! That and crackers....

• Karlee
    Karlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! Omg mini grilled cheese, you are brilliant.
    After that it’s coffee, hot coco bar and sweet trays while new hubby n I go do our own little photo shoot. We will have cheese cake around 8 and then late night snack.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the sound of this idea for a winter wedding! And I think as long as some of the soups are hearty enough, along with the breads and salad, it'll be enough. Maybe even throw in some mini grilled cheese or something if it can be done? Are you having dessert too? All of that plus the late night charcuterie platters, I think you'll be fine Smiley smile

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I completely understand your dilemma. My FH doesn't really love soup, even the heartiest of them. So I could see how people like him could be left wanting more. What are your other food options?
  • Karlee
    Karlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    See that’s my issue. Will that be enough? I’d like to do it just as my meal. And have more stew , thick soups etc so it’s filling. That would be at 5 and then we would have our charcuterie platters out at 9:30
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are you planning on serving other food? Or is the soup bar complementary to the main courses?
  • Karlee
    Karlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe thank you!! I’m hoping to have hardy soups and lots of carbs hahaha. I would hate for my guests to be hungry.
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This sounds like an awesome idea, and perfect for a winter wedding! The personal touch is also lovely. 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics