Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
VIP September 2019 Ontario

Songs for leaving alter and grand entrance at reception!

Becky, on September 11, 2019 at 09:01 Posted in Wedding reception 0 21

My dj asked what songs I would like for leaving alter and grand entrance at the hall. I have no clue! I am horrible with music but wasn't a fan of the ones he suggested. What did you guys all use?

21 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on October 8, 2019 at 12:45
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did One Love by Bob Marley for the ceremony recessional, and we walked into the reception to Origin of Love by MIKA.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our recessional song was "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beetles and our entrance song was "Can't Stop the Feeling" by Justin Timberlake. I personally love "Hooked on a Feeling" by Blue Swede for either a recessional or entrance song since it's a little more fun (DH wouldn't let me pick it tho Smiley sad )!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We had the same recessional song!

• Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm trying to sell FH on Nothin' to Lose by Josh Gracin as our entrance song. He already turned down Firecracker because it's "too sexy". Smiley sad

• Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our groans entrance is either going to be dancey because that fits us and our wedding party Smiley smile I haven’t thought about the recessional yet but I’m thinking it’ll be a mix of upbeat and loveydovey 😅
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What are your guys fav songs? do you have any songs that mean something to the two of you? if not start with both of your fav genre of music then pick a few songs!

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our recessional was Here Comes The Sun, played on guitar.
    We didn't do a grand entrance.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our recessional song is Fall In Love With Me by Earth Wind & Fire. The wedding party's grand entrance will be to In The Stone and ours will be to September (both also by Earth Wind & Fire).
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked:

Electric Love by BORNS for our recessional
    You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall & Oates for our grand entrance

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These were the two songs I had major issues with too!! I also wasn't a fan of the most suggested songs for either too so I definitely struggled lol

Our recessional (or leaving alter) song is Hold My Hand by Hootie and the Blowfish. Yes, my FH are fans of South Park lol

Our grand entrance is Cheers (Drink To That) by Rihanna. I love Rihanna, she's my forever Woman Crush Wednesday, so I'm glad I found a song by her that spoke to me/us.

Definitely look to favourite artists/TV Shows/Movies/Video Games etc. for this! The music (special songs) was one thing my FH and I had complete control over and not my parents so I'm glad we have songs that matter to us.

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used Love Somebody by Brett Ellridge for our reception entrance song and simple by Florida Georgia Line for the song when us and the bridal party left the ceremony.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the entrance to the hall I suggest using something fun and dance-y that matches the personality of your wedding party. We're going to use High Hopes by Panic at the Disco

I like Signed Sealed Delivered better for leaving the alter (since it's going to be right after you sign your marriage license). For sure go with something upbeat here too!

Hope that helps a little

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am actually working on this right now! I have all my ceremony music, we are keeping it country for the ceremony, so our leaving the alter song is Born to Love you by LANCO.

FH is picking our entrance song to the reception. So it is either Back in Black - ACDC, Uptown Funk- Bruno Mars, or Can't stop the feeling- Justin Timberlake.

Did your DJ give you any song information?

Mine gave me a whole list of most common wedding songs!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha I picked out pins and then said I want curls so can you figure something out and went with it ! I haven't figured out jewelry yet and i'm 3 days away... I just think those things minor compared to everything else. I just want simple earings and bracelet

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm like you - I'm like the worst person for music. I'm actually not creative at all so I'm the worst person for anything that way haha. How do I want my hair for my wedding? I don't know - whatever you think will look good ahaha!! the worst!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm supposed to know this by Monday for my DJ too! lol No idea! For sure going to be a weekend must do!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha love that though! People who know you know he loves that song

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think for leaving the alter we're going to do some typical recessional song like Wedding March.

For our entrance, we decided on J.Lo's "Let's Get Loud" - it's like one of my FH's favourite dance songs... so hes pumped about it lol.

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah fair enough. Thanks. I've just emailed my DJ so we will see what he says.
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Leaving Alter

Forever by Ben Harper

Make You Mine by High Valley

Marry You by Bruno Mars

Entrance to Hall

Best Day of my life by American Authors

Signed Sealed and Delivered by Stevie Wonder

You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall and Oates

We Are Family by Sister Sledge

Celebration by Kool and the Gang

I didn't like the leaving alter songs- I haven't had chance to listen to all the entrance to hall songs yet. But wanted to get idea of what people used!

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg I didn't even remember to do this either and my dj never asked! I need help too! What did your DJ suggest?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics