Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lisa
Newbie March 2019 Alberta

Sometimes it's just so much drama!

Lisa, on February 5, 2019 at 12:21 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
How do you handle the desire to be done with the big wedding plans and just ELOPE because it will be less stressful ?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 7, 2019 at 21:46
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Escaping the planning is hard enough with family judgement calls. I still remember how torn I felt going to my parents with them feeling one way about something and then coming home to my husband (fiancé then) and having to hear more anger based on what had occurred. It seemed that both my arms could be pulled off from each side, my parents on one and my husband on the other. I bluntly said, if that was the case, then I need to be out of the conversation and they all need to figure out themselves what is to happen with me taking care of all the planning.

Elopement was mentioned twice and after I said to him to let the vendors know after that one argument. He chose to continue and watch himself.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We seriously considered eloping at first, once we booked a few vendors we were over it. At the end of the day we want to have our family and friends with us so we were able to get past it.

• Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Girlllll this was me all day yesterday. I even broke down. It gets annoying to talk about the wedding 24/7. If you can take a spa day or a day for yourself and think about what you want and do it. It’s too late to elope or do anything small for me but I’m okay with that. Just focusing on me and fiancé and what makes us happy. Cheer up hunny.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ugh yes, I am so aware of that feeling.

The way I look past it though is it's going to be just how we want it (so the opinions can get lost!) and we're going to have a beautiful day with amazing friends/family, fantastic food, and a gorgeous setting.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel this 100%!!

Just know when the day comes, it’ll be absolutely perfect and all the stress and drama will be worth it.
  • Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

BIG FEELS

Pretty much every day for the last year I've been wishing that we had just eloped, BUT IT'S GONNA BE WORTH IT. SO HELP ME.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Think about the deposits that have been made and how much of a waste it would be to lose that kind of money lol.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel ya girl. We have put down all the deposits and things are starting to fall in place. But I feel like the lack of excitement from some people is really getting to me and I just want to say screw it lol.

But we are both excited to have a wedding and get married. I just keep reminding myself that its our day and thats the most important thing

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same! But I think about how I have put down a lot of deposit money/guests already booked the hotel and are excited and I keep at it!

I'm taking a planning hiatus this week/month (I don't count the WW community as planning lol) since there's not too much I need to get done before March, but that's not really an option for you at this point :/ You only have a month or so to go so you are in the final stretch of things!! The Final month might feel stressful but it's almost over with!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have considered it many times- I then think of all the deposits, girls bought their dresses, people bought plan tickets, and major part is that we have been wanting this for so long. In general those special moments like dad walking down isle, you seeing each other first time, the memories to share for years to come, so many memories

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly think about the money that we’d lose if we eloped and then keep at it.

March is JUST around the corner. Hang in there! You’ve got this! Take breaks when you need to!

And then relax and enjoy the wonderous celebration of you and your SO!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just know that I've dreamed of my wedding day since I was like 5 years old and know that it will be one of the best days of my life Smiley smile

I have a large family and so does my Fiancé so the fact that we would get lots of backlash if we didn't have a wedding would be more stressful than putting one together anyways.

Plus you get to tell people that it's your day so it's your way Smiley xd

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics