Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Devoted October 2019 Ontario

Small weddings

Amanda, on June 7, 2018 at 20:18 Posted in Ontario 0 10
So we are looking at wedding venues around our area ( kitchener/Cambridge) and finding it jard to find a venue that will accept 50 to 75 guests. We are looking for October and not a saturday date. Im just getting frustrated and want to elope. Lol i was thinking a back yard wedding in the summer but the research is showing it will be too much stress. My question is, does anyone have any ideas on what could work? Any input is welcomed.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Amber, on June 9, 2018 at 11:03
  • Amber
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married at the New Dundee country club and I’m pretty sure they will accept any amount of guests! Check them out!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I looked at the Cambridge Mill, I thought they had the right amount.

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Jenna i will look into them.
  • J
    Newbie April 2019 Ontario
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just looked at Perfect Day Events Cafe venue yesterday and it was beautiful. We are looking at having 30-40 guests so it could work for you too!
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh your guests could also have issues getting cabs at the end of the night and there will be ride checks everywhere in the city.

I would pick a different weekend or have the wedding in another city.
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would look at hotels for room blocks. You could run into an issue with accommodations because of Oktoberfest.
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Half our guest will be out of province
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That would be during Oktoberfest. So it makes it tough. Maybe try the Pines. We went and looked at it and the venue was really nice inside. We just didn’t choose it because we decided we wanted a hotel because we have out of town guests.
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Emma, thank you for pointing that out.. octoberfest completely slipped my mind. We were looking for thanksgiving weekend. But i have inquired about St. Georges and Three bridges. Looks like we may have to stay out of the area that weekend. Lol
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married in the same area and have the same amount of people. How much do you want to spend? There is the butterfly conservatory but it’s really expensive (I was shocked at the prices). There are many of the hotels around here that have smaller rooms or ballrooms that can be partitioned. We also looked at the Pines in Cambridge which is a beautiful location. Even places like St. George’s banquet hall can partition the ballroom so you have a more intimate space.

You could also look at some of the golf courses. I was at a wedding years ago at new Dundee golf and country club that had about 75 people. It was great.

For hitels yoo can try the walper terrace, holiday inn, crown plaza, the inn of Waterloo.

Just watch your dates and make sure you aren’t looking for dates around Oktoberfest. If your having trouble finding somewhere that could be the issue. We had no issue finding multiple places that would take that number.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics