Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Slow dances: yea or nay?

Lynnie, on April 30, 2018 at 17:34 Posted in Wedding reception 0 20

Aside from your first dance and parent dances, will you be playing any slow songs during the reception?? Are you down for some slow dances?

Slow dances: yea or nay? 1

Photo by Bellagala Photography

20 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on May 2, 2018 at 20:13
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Always have to slow things down for a slow dance for couples wanting that special time too.
  • Charmaine
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Charmaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, definitely want to mix it up a little.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    YES!! im a snuggler and I love ANY excuse to snuggle/cuddle with my love
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely. We actually did a poll on our site where we said "inspire us, tell us what your special wedding song was", then we added all the songs submitted to our playlist so couple's songs were played through out the night and they could then go and dance with their partner. It was a nice surprise touch for them, to hear their song.

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am sure there will be a few! I gave my DJ a do not play list and must play list and then just going t let him do this thing!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! Our first dance wont be a slow dance so we want a couple slow songs thrown in throughout the night Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely! It breaks up all the upbeat songs and gives people a rest lol.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes of course, not all our guest will want to dance to fast up best songs all night, especially not the older guests. Plus for those that don't dance the slow dances these will give them a break for something to eat and drink. I have seen weddings where there were no slow songs and unfortunately majority of the older guests just sat and socialized with each other and left early. We want to make sure that all guests that like to dance get the opportunity to get out there and dance!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely! My sister met her now-husband at a wedding. I remember getting to dance with my fiancé at the first wedding we were guests at as a couple, and how special that was. Plus it gives natural breaks for people to go to the bar and get a drink, or candy/desert table for something to nibble, if they don't feel like swaying!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love some occasional slow dances mostly because it gives some couples the chance to dance, while others who don't love them or no one to dance with, can have a short break off the dance floor, grab a drink or run to the bathroom.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a few slow songs at our wedding.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yep, I’m sure our DJ will know when to play them I’m trusting him to do his thing
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will definitely have slow songs scattered among the fast songs! We are always so disappointed when wedding don’t have slow songs. And I know some people who will only dance to slow songs.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely! It gives a chance for other couples to share on the romance. It also gives the older generation a chance to get on the dance floor! Plus I'll probably want more than one slow dance with my fiance/husband too!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sure we will be!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% yes!!! I went to a wedding once and there were 0 slow dances and I was actually disappointed! (I really wanted to dance with my fiancé who at the time was just a crush) so I will for sure throw some in! And will be dancing with my man at every chance I get!
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutely! It's nice for the already married couples there to have some romance, and plus I want to dance with my groom to more than one slow dance Smiley smile
  • Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Courtney. Plus, it gets the older generation onto the dance floor. I can’t see my grandparents busting a move to modern music but know they’d love to dance with their loved ones.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd like to have some slower dances scattered in the evening.

I vividly remember dancing with my FH (before he was my fiance) at a friends wedding. It was lovely and it is always nice for guests to have that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics