You're on our mind during COVID-19. See our related wedding FAQs.

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Sleeping apart the night before the wedding? Keep or Cancel?

Lynnie, on September 16, 2019 at 09:49 Posted in Before the wedding 0 41
Saved Save

Will you be keeping with tradition and spending the night before your wedding sleeping separately? Or are you ready to cancel this old tradition?

Keep or cancel?

Sleeping apart the night before the wedding? Keep or Cancel? 1

Next Question: Matching Bridesmaids Dresses

Back to the Beginning: Keep or Cancel?

41 Comments

• Geneviève
    Featured September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute

Cancel. This was actually a big debate with my very traditional mother, but since we need to stay in a hotel, we're certainly not renting two rooms!

• Amelia
    Featured October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    Cancel. I think we both sleep better together!
  • Emily
    Curious October 2020 British Columbia
    Emily ·
    • Dispute

Personally, I would want to spend the night feeling safe and cared for than sleep alone! I already live with my finacee, so it's not a stretch. I have been to weddings though where the bride and groom slept in separate rooms the night before, which was fine for them too! I think as long as you separate ways before getting ready it's no big deal and I don't believe it's bad luck!

• Cynthia
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    Cancel. I only sleep well in my own bed.
    Don’t need myself or fiancé looking tired in our wedding photos
  • Sharlene
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    Cancel. We stayed in a hotel as the wedding was out of town. Plus we lived together before we married. Sleeping apart would have caused us to be more restless.
  • Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute

Keep! Mostly because it worked out that he got ready at his parents' and I got ready at my parents' the next day!

• Racheal Blair
    Frequent user November 2021 Ontario
    Racheal Blair ·
    • Dispute

Keep.

The night before, we plan to hang out with our bridal and grooms party at the venue. Then, we have separate rooms for both. It's more to do with how early we may have to wake up to get ready (specifically the girls).

• Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute

Cancel (probably). We have rented the honeymoon suite for the night before (we get it free the night of) and another room for my children. I'd much rather be comfortable sleeping beside my best friend rather than uncomfortable with teens and young adults kicking me all night. Not to mention those party animals - I'd probably end up having zero sleep.

• Megan
    Curious November 2019 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute

Keeping! Because we're all (families and wedding party) going to be at a hotel the night before so it's easy to be in separate rooms. We've lived together for 6+ years so it also seems like a fun change-up to be apart right before the big day!

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute

Keep we are still virgins and we want to loose our virginity on our wedding night

• Christine
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute

Keep! We live out of town, but we're getting married in my hometown. I'm sleeping at my parent's place and he's sleeping at an Airbnb.

• Kat D
    Frequent user April 2021 Manitoba
    Kat D ·
    • Dispute
    Keep! We’re going to be spending the night with our respective party members ☺️
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    Keep! We got two separate Airbnbs for both sides of the wedding party so that each side has their own space where they can get ready.
  • Kristi
    Curious June 2020 Quebec
    Kristi ·
    • Dispute

Keep the tradition!Smiley kiss

Sleeping at my maid of honors place and getting ready with my bridal party with fruits and champagne will be awesome. The photographer will get great pictures of me and the girls and the same on my fiance side. Will be nice to see this after the wedding.

It will be more special this way.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    Keeping. We didn’t live together before marriage so this was easy to do!
  • Maddie19
    Curious July 2020 Alberta
    Maddie19 ·
    • Dispute

Keeping! We aren't living together until after we're married. I think it'll be fun to spend one more night with my best girl friends.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles