Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Super June 2018 Alberta

Sleep deprived

Ashley, on September 25, 2017 at 03:19 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12
I feel like this wedding is taking a toll on my fiancé and I. We’re stressed out to the tee. We have to move into a new place by April. Our wedding is in June. And I feel like it’s just too much at once. I haven’t been sleeping since the moving thing had to happen. And it’s been hell. I’m lucky if I get to bed at 2 am some days. I lay in bed wide awake just mentally trying to gather my thoughts. Any suggestions how to deal with moving and planning a wedding at the same time?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 25, 2017 at 16:03
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Basically I am the only one able to plan it since my fiancé is a driver for his job. He is out of town lots and can only really help when hes home. unfortunately that's not an option. I think I just need help to move.. and pack. everything is just too much

• Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went through the exact same thing. We were forced to move by the end of August and we are getting married the beginning on November. It was really tough. Not just the act of moving but all the added financial stress that moving puts on you as well. Just try to remember that you and your FH are in this together, we were fighting left and right before the move. Lean on your FH and make sure he knows he can lean on you as well. I'm super close with my mom so I made sure that when I was getting too stressed I talked it out with her. Use your friends and family as support, they will be more than happy to help anyway that they can. As for sleep, you could always try a low dose of melatonin until you can regulate your sleep yourself. It is all natural and it will just give you that little push to fall asleep and stay asleep. I really hope everything works out for you! Good Luck!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aww, I'm so sorry! How about keeping a notebook by your bed. This helps me if I wake up at night and have a worry, I can write it down and know that I won't forget it come morning, and that makes it easier for me to let it go for the moment and rest. I keep a notebook in my handbag as well.

Can you take some time off of wedding planning to focus on the move?

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks a ton!! Ill keep everyone updated as to what's happening. Hopefully I can relax soon.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah right now were purging a lot of things. Its just a lot of work.. and it seems we only get things done on the weekends.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much !!

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the tips!! Hope they help !!

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you so much ladies.. glad I'm not the only one who feels like this..

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I totally get that! It can be so hard to fall asleep when you have so many things running through your mind! And moving is THE WORST. I would try to get your fiance as involved as possible so all the responsibility isn't falling on you. That can be a big stress if you feel like you're the only one taking care of things. Start collecting boxes early and pack things that you don't use like a month or so before the move. Make a list of all the things that need to get done for the wedding and then set deadlines so you can work on things in steps rather than all at once. I would try to have all the big projects done before the move so then you can just focus on unpacking and the little details. You'll have more than a month after you move though before the wedding so that's plenty of time!

Also, keep a pen and paper next to your bed so that when things pop up in your head, you can write it down and then forget about it rather than worrying all night that you'll remember in the morning. Hang in there!

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    About the moving: if you start in early March you will have mooooore than enough time to finish packing. It usually takes 5 devoted days, but when work and other plans happen, I can see how it can be stretched to 2 weeks or so.
    Another -expensive, but still- option is to hire people to do your moving for you. They come, pack everything and also move it.
    When it comes to stuff, as already mentioned above, be practical! After all, if you do a registry, soon after you move to your new place, you will get new stuff.
    Finally, a thing I have done in all my movings, ask for help from your friends. Even if they are only available for the weekend. If they can only come for a few hours. It makes the work A LOT easier and much faster. As a thank you I usually cook for them or organize cocktail nights.
    Especially with the help of friends/family, everything would be and feel a lot easier. Talk to the calmest and most well-organized of them, and hopefully just by talking to her/him, you will get your sleep back Smiley smile
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Start packing /giving away unwanted items now. Do a little each day so it isn’t overwhelming. That way you also have time for the wedding planning. And with two months left after moving, it isn’t too tight in between the two, especially if you start the packing now.
  • Daniela
    Newbie November 2017 Alberta
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in a similar situation our wedding is in november and he's moved in already. my advice is keep the moving simple, only get the basics and focus on the wedding. your guests may give you lots of things you need as presents or money to get those things. and you'll have time to fix your home after, we've also got a support team helping us out, and relaxing together with a date once in awhile helps a lot with sleeping.

send you love,

-Daniela

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics