Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Newbie August 2020 British Columbia

Silk flowers. Are they worth it ??

Erin, on October 10, 2019 at 13:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Silk flowers. Are they worth it ?? 1 I got this quote today from a silk flower company in Prince George and I’m wondering are the flowers really worth it? I’m looking at 700.00 for all and I have no idea if it’s a good price or even worth it! Any advice would be fantastic!!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on October 16, 2019 at 10:17
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That seems ok but you can totally shop around or ask her to lower her price. say your budget is x for flowers lol. i ordered my bouquet online for $30 it was fake and looks something like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32881374217.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.65725088Yyrbe3&algo_pvid=e7874fb2-9c9a-4fb5-a4d4-1d41dbd026f1&algo_expid=e7874fb2-9c9a-4fb5-a4d4-1d41dbd026f1-21&btsid=191b072b-b1ac-4626-a580-3cf94425a792&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_6,searchweb201603_52

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Erin!

If you are unsure about this quote for silk flowers, would you consider getting some quotes from other silk flower providers to get a sense of the average cost and find the best price for the amount you're getting?

If you are not exclusively looking for artificial flowers, you could also get some prices from florists so that you see what is the best value for your wedding.

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am from Montreal. I am using one of the greatest wedding event rental places. And they are giving me better price for silk flowers central pieces, then small rental places. One beautiful, big enough central bouquet for table with vase cost me 20 cad. And they will do new ones for my wedding.

I suggest to make your wedding silk bouquet on your own. Go to Dollar Max or Homesens or other store and buy flowers you want and you can put them together or go to abordable florist who will put them together. Next...silk boutonnieres and corsage...I ordered from China. And I love love love them. I will give them to all my guests. 3 cad for each.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32849631331.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.447e4c4dqFHSTN

Silk flowersSilk flowers. Are they worth it ?? 2

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The price seems reasonable for what your getting and a great way to rent than keeping it in the long run. The quality will be the same as real looking though no one can tell the difference.

The only 2 items to go real since you won't be asking the vendor to go real are the boutonnieres and corsages. Your family wouldn't want to remove them end of the night to return them to the vendor.

For what I had vision to be simple enough was the white floral ball on a square vase as rentals and my dad also found a money box at the same place too, great find. The cost was less than $100. My dad offered to pay for it all.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those prices are not far off from what I paid for my real flowers. I think it depends on how much you want to go with flowers in your décor. Our décor and flowers were expensive but it's because we extended them to our centerpieces, backdrop, etc.

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a mix and IT WAS WORTH IT! I had a really big wedding and honestly, a really lavish picture in my head of what I wanted my florals to look like at the reception. I ended up doing real flowers for the bouquets (mine and the girls), corsages, boutonnieres, and the centerpieces on the guest tables (so the guests could take the flowers home). The head table, bridal party table, and family table florals were all silk and it saved me maybe $3K.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics