Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Newbie October 2017 Alberta

Shuttle options for canmore area weddings

Kristen, on July 9, 2017 at 16:28 Posted in Alberta 0 8
Has anyone had a wedding in the Canmore area and provided guests with shuttle service? We are getting married at Camp Chief Hector and would like to have an option available for anyone who has too much to drink. Any suggestions, opinions or experiences? Thanks!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on August 17, 2018 at 12:37
  • C
    Newbie March 2019 Alberta
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Will do. We are planning on sleeping as many guests as we can in the bunks and then booking room blocks at Stoney nakoda. Talk to them, as they have a shuttle that fits 12 or 16 that they will coordinate for you (for a few... they haven’t told me the rate yet). I’m looking at buses too in case a lot of people spring for hotels in Canmore, but so far all I’ve found is companies that would drive from Calgary and I’m having a hard time getting an estimate without knowing how many guests are going to need the service. *sigh*
  • C
    Newbie April 2019 Alberta
    Chris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Courtney,

We're in the same boat. Getting married in April 2019 at CCH as well, and also just started looking into shuttle options. We are thinking about school buses as well, but open to other options. We're anticipating needing to move about 80 people to and from Canmore. I'll let you know if we find any good options. Let us know if you find anything?

• C
    Newbie March 2019 Alberta
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi! Joining this thread as we are also getting married at CCH on March 2, 2019. Currently looking into yellow school bus options as a first choice, but am just starting to look at vendors. Any tips are helpful!

• K
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Katelyn,
    We ended up booking shuttles with 4Aces. We had 3 minivans (6 passengers) making trips to hotels from 11pm-1am. It worked really well and we were very happy with the service. They cost $95 (incl gst) an hour each. I would also recommend arranging some shuttles to take guests to the venue as well if there are a lot staying at one hotel and what not. We had about 90 guests. Hope that helps!
  • Katelyn
    Frequent user August 2018 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our wedding is August 3, 2018 - I'd appreciate if you let me know how things go Smiley smile
  • K
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Katelyn,
    After a lot of research and back and forth with different companies, we have decided to go with MTN cabs. We are going to book 3 vans for an hour at $150 each cab. We have a few guests who won't be drinking and a lot staying in the same 2 hotels so we hope the 3 will be plenty. If not, we will offer to pay for any cabs that might be needed over and above.
    When is your wedding? I can report back if it's after October 7th

• Katelyn
    Frequent user August 2018 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are also looking into getting a shuttle for our guests! Our ceremony is at Emerald Lake, but our reception is in Banff. Please let me know if you decide to go with a shuttle and who!

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kristen! Nice to meet you here. Did you take look in our directory? Wedding transportation. Smiley heart Transportations - Transportation - Transportation according to your wedding date - My wish: wedding transportation. Here I share some inspiration. xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics