Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tyanna
Super June 2019 British Columbia

Showing off all the things

Tyanna, on March 3, 2019 at 19:24 Posted in Beauty 0 18
I've had a great week of all things wedding! I got to do my first dress fitting since August when I made the order, I found and bought my dream veil, i got my shoes purchased and laced, got my perfume, and I got my wedding band!

For anybody out there wanting a great tradition: I had someone tell me months ago to buy a brand new perfume for the day of the wedding, and then to wear on other special occasions such as anniversaries, etc. Memories are so often linked to smells, so having a specific perfume for your wedding is the most amazing idea to me!

18 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on March 6, 2019 at 23:03
  • M
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lily of the Valley by Yardley is soft. Summer Hill by Crabtree and Evelyn, the same. Neither of these are expensive which makes it wven better. 😊
  • M
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the shoes! It gives me ideas...
  • M
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The perfume idea is awesome! My go-to scents are Chanel #9, some Juicy Coutures, and Lilac oils. Not too sure what I'll get though. I love perfume shopping! Lol
  • Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I should buy some perfume! My FH loves anything scented Vanilla, I need to find something that's really good!
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My ring came from sapheena jewelers off of etsy. Definitely weren't told that it was one of a kind, however it WAS made to order! Took about 4 weeks from the time he ordered it until it was mailed to him apparently Smiley smile

Isn't it just beautiful though? Definitely unique either way!
  • Jessica
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love that perfume idea too! Definitely going to steal that one 😁
    Just wondering! Where did your fiance get your ring? I have the EXACT same one! It's gorgeous and I love it, but only asking because the woman that sold it to my fiance assured us that it was one of a kind and custom made.. curious if you had the same reassurance

• Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Their "noir tease" is my every day perfume
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love Victoria's secret perfumes. They're all I've used for ththe last 8 years. They're not obnoxious in smell and they have lots of different ones!
  • L
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Maybe Marc Jacobs Daisy, not sure if the scent is too strong for you, but it’s nice and light, would be good for a summer fragrance Smiley smile
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is all super exciting!!! I tried on my dress for the first time in over one year as I dropped it off for the first fitting. I got me excited too - five month until our big day. But it also has me wondering about a veil. I hope I find the perfect one as well!

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does anyone have any perfume suggestions?? I need a new one too but im so sensitive to strong smells

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like everything is coming together!! Yay!!!

I will for sure be taking the advice to get a diff perfume for special occasions! I am so used to the one I wear now and since it's being discontinued I already have to go out looking for one new one, why not two?!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing the perfume thing too! I want to wear it since it smells so nice but I tell myself to wait for the wedding.

I usually don't wear perfume day-to-day, but going out, I spritz a little bit on (of a different one).

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everything is so beautiful! And isn't it exciting to see everything coming together after all the planning? I'm getting married in June too and time is starting to fly by Smiley smile Also I LOVE the perfume idea, this is something I hadn't heard of before. I just emailed FH the idea with way too many heart emojis and exclamation points Smiley xd

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! Super productive week! Thats amazing!

I LOVE your wedding band, that is amazing.

As for the perfume I completely agree with you! I normally just wear body spray (scent free work place cant handle the strong perfume smells) and then wear perfume when I go out. I have been looking at a new perfume and hoping FH will get it for my birthday (2 weeks before our wedding) and then wear it for our wedding day Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oooooo I love the new perfume idea I'm for sure going to get a new one now thanks for the tip!!!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow looking good! I wish I wasn't so fussy with perfumes so I could have a special perfume for my day too lol.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! Your dress looks gorgeous and I love those shoes!!

excited homer simpson GIF

I really like the idea of having a perfume/smell associated with your wedding day. It's definitely something that's on my 'to-do' list, but I find it so hard to shop for a perfume. I put it up there with shopping for a bra or a great pair of jeans hahaha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics