Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador

Shower gifts

Meghan, on November 27, 2017 at 14:32 Posted in Before the wedding 0 5
I’ve seen a few things lately that people are using for shower gifts. Is it normally expected that people who attend a shower receive a small gift? I know there will be lots of games with small prizes but I hadn’t planned on buying each person a gift for coming. Thoughts?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on November 28, 2017 at 11:42
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your host may provide favors. If you're concerned about this and want to help out I'd speak to the host. I hosted my sister's shower and didn't do party favors per se, but I did have a bunch of prizes for our games so everyone did leave with something. As an attendee I would never expect a favor, but I would absolutely appreciate one!

• Chanelle
    Frequent user September 2019 British Columbia
    Chanelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't remember ever getting a present at any bridal shower I've attended. I figured they're feeding me and putting on a lovely party, why do I need a present?

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Generally yes!!! But it's just like a small thing of chocolates or something like that! But it depends on your theme and such!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had 2 bridal showers and for the one shower, my bridesmaids did individual bath bombs for the guests to take on their way out... They wrapped the bath bombs in tulle and then used cute little favour tags that had a cute saying on it and came with ribbon! The other shower was a cup of tea with the bride to be theme. My cousin did little tea cups on saucers as the favours. It doesn't have to be anything big. It is a nice gesture to give the guests something as a thank you for coming from wherever they live to celebrate with you and they have likely spent a good amount of money on a gift for you.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Typically there is some sort of small favor in addition to the prizes given out. At least at the showers I've been to. I had mine in a brewery and had little beer soaps made and had the label printed to say "From my shower to yours". It was just a small little token of appreciation for coming.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics