Maegan
Frequent user May 2020 Ontario

Show me your shoes!

Maegan, on 2/November/2019 at 14:01 Posted in Wedding fashion
Hey ladies!

I'm having a horrible time deciding on what to wear on my feet day of! Our ceremony will be outdoors so if I go with a heel it will have to be block or wedge. I also like the idea of a white sneaker and maybe some colourful laces or a blue shoe. I bought a pair of glittery flats cuz they were a great deal but idk if im sold on them.
Show me what you guys are wearing so I can get some inspo! TIA!
Share:

44 Comments

• Amelia
    Devoted October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    Converse used to do custom shoes on their website. You could choose the color of the shoe, the tongue, that little strip on the back. Plus you could pick laces and add a typed message on a few spots. I'm not sure of they still do them quite that custom, but it would be worth looking into.
  • BunnyBride
    Expert August 2020 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride
    • Dispute

I haven't actualy bought my shoes yet, but basically what is below. I might do ribbon instead of a shoe lace. If I can't find the blue chucks, I'll do white with blue ribbon/laces.

Show me your shoes! 1

• Tori Doll
    Featured October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori Doll
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

They were from Callitspring.com 馃槉

Only downside was that they were a bit uncomfortable - but that's probably because I have a high arch and can't wear flat shoes for too long at a time. They also had a lace up option back when they were available.

• Marissa
    Curious August 2020 Alberta
    Marissa
    • Dispute

I had to make a quick decision recently when my seamstress for my dress asked me what I'm wearing for shoes, so that she knows if she needs to add any extra length to the skirt. I decided on flats because I love wearing flats in the summer and I know my feet would get sore in heels. Now I need to decide what kind of flats I want to wear...

• Amelia
    Amelia
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    If you hadn't pointed it out I wouldn't have even noticed!

Super cute shoes 馃槏
  • Katelyn
    Curious May 2020 British Columbia
    Katelyn
    • Dispute

Show me your shoes! 2 I found these flats from DSW.

(The missing rhinestone is in a baggie, I just need to actually replace it but I鈥檓 lazy).
  • Kayla
    Newbie August 2020 Manitoba
    Kayla
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

Where did you get these from if you dont mind me asking? they are beautiful!

• Amelia
    Amelia
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    These look like great choices!
  • Maegan
    Frequent user May 2020 Ontario
    Maegan
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    After all the inspo and tips, I think I found my shoes! Just waiting to make sure they're comfy enough. I got these white leather flower block heels for the ceremony and plain white sperrys with laces that match my girls for dancing! Im so excited for them to get here in the mail!
    Show me your shoes! 3
    Show me your shoes! 4 Show me your shoes! 5
  • Jessica
    Beginner December 2019 Ontario
    Jessica
    • Dispute

Oh my gosh... I struggled SO MUCH with this. I had always planned on wearing really amazing heels, but I just couldn't find something that fit the idea in my head AND that I could justify the price of/would wear again. So I went a completely different route and bought triple decker glittery Keds x Kate Spade. Linked to the ones I got below. I tried them on in the store with jeans and they were SO CUTE with a casual outfit. Planned to wear them for just the reception but after trying them on with my dress I decided it wasn't worth the cost and discomfort and stress of trying to find a second pair! So excited to wear these now. https://www.keds.com/CA/en_CA/keds-x-kate-spade-new-york-triple-decker-glitter/30637W.html?dwvar_30637W_color=WF57804#cgid=women-ourcollections-kedsxkatespadenewyork&start=1

• Kelsie
    Featured July 2020 Ontario
    Kelsie
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

I had to get my Badgley Mischka's from the states too! Worth it though haha

• Katelyn
    Beginner October 2020 Alberta
    Katelyn
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    It was like trying to find a needle in a haystack! I ended up ordering them out of the states.
  • Kelsie
    Featured July 2020 Ontario
    Kelsie
    • Dispute
    View quoted message

These are so awesome!! I didn't even know Badgley Mischka had wedges!!

• Katelyn
    Beginner October 2020 Alberta
    Katelyn
    • Dispute

ShoesShow me your shoes! 6

My ceremony will be outside on a golf course. I'm fairly short (5 feet) and was in desperate need of some height and don't do well in heels. These are so comfy and I can actually walk in them but I will be getting some sneakers to change into just incase!
  • Amelia
    Amelia
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    You'll want an outing or two to break them in! (Loop hole to wear them sooner 馃槣)
  • Rebecca
    Curious September 2020 Bahamas
    Rebecca
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    That is so exciting. 馃挄 My dress is moscato with an ivory overlay, and my colours are navy and rose gold so it just made sense to go for the rose gold pair. I鈥檓 so excited to wear them! Only have to wait 10 months though. 馃様

Comment on this discussion

Related articles