Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Should i go for a second hair trial?

Stephanie, on June 10, 2018 at 18:37 Posted in Beauty 0 7

I recently went for my hair trial. I wanted a full updo. I have since changed my mind and only want half up. The way my updo was, she started by putting the top half up so I know the updo part will be similar, just smaller. Should I go for a second hair trial just in case? Or should I just trust that it will look good? I'm not sure that I want to spend all that money again.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Courtney, on June 11, 2018 at 14:01
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go for a second one. I did and i'm so happy I did.

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you should! You don't want to regret it and I have just decided to give in to the wedding process which costs lots of money! For example I had a bridal trial for my makeup. I really liked her work but didn't love our first go so I used her for my birthday and told her how I really wanted to look. Still didn't love it. So for my engagement pics I used another girl I was also considering and loved her work! Here's the thing. I already have deposits for myself and bridesmaids to the first artist (ya i know!) I told her this weekend that I wanted the other artist to do my makeup and she was totally fine with it thank God! The money she has will go towards my bridesmaids makeup and her and my new artist will share the load of my 10 girls. If you really want to try something different go for it! You will feel much better. I feel such a sense of relief!
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Call her and ask herSmiley smile as a hairstylist myself, I'd definitely like a heads up so I could brain storm and make sure it would hold as a half updo. Sometimes the pinning is different, and it's so nice to not have it sprung on me right as I'm about to start what I'm thinking is one thing, and having it turn to something else Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't do a second hair trial if you're planning on sticking with your original hair stylists. I'd say you should just email her pictures of what you'd like instead and be sure that she's aware of the change leading up to your wedding.

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you want, it’s your wedding
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you need a second trial. Just one question: have you had your hair done similarly in the past? Or if you're curling it, how does it hold curl?

Having a trial with it half down will allow you to see how long the look "lasts".

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my opinion I would say that it should be fine to trust it will go well on your wedding day. Just be sure to mention this to her sooner rather than later and perhaps ask if you can move the appointment up by 30 minutes in case it takes one or two tries/ fixes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics