Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Shaving

Hank, on September 21, 2020 at 21:56 Posted in Beauty 0 8

For guys who are planning to go clean face at your wedding (ie no facial hair whatsoever) but tend to have hair grow back out throughout the day, what are you planning to do about it? I personally get a patchy 5 o'clock shadow that's heavy enough to be noticed but not enough to get another clean shave. If anything, it'll likely irritate my skin and I don't want blemishes or weird razor bumps on my face that day.

I've thought about plucking my facial hair. I've tried it on the spot under my lip once just to see how it would grow and I do notice it is much slower but to do it to my whole face is a LOT of hair to pluck...

8 Comments

Latest activity by Arexy, on September 23, 2020 at 17:04
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg it was supposed to say salon*
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, that was just a joke. I wouldn't wax my face. I want to be pretty but wouldn't go such extreme lengths. Though I am curious as to what I'm supposed to talk to before your autocorrect turned it into "salmon" (not Jason Mamoa so I can't talk to fish Smiley xd ).

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg please do not do this to yourself. You risk getting bumps, ingrown hairs, and even ripping your skin off. You should talk to a salmon about Dermaplaning. Google this! It works on peach fuzz and dead skin, but I am not 100% sure on male facial hair. Google it out for sure. I believe this would be your best option.
  • Michelle
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahahaha right?! BUT it would work 😂😂😂 laser hair removal was the best thing I ever did AND now I only have to shave every few weeks lol

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha, now that would be taking things to the extreme. Maybe I should wax my face Smiley xd

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha, my facial hair is already patchy. I can't grow a proper beard and even if I leave it, it's nowhere thick enough that it would look decent. Hence, I tend to keep myself clean shaven/bare faced.

We're pretty much "ON" from noon onwards so even if I shave right before at 11:30am or something by the time dinner comes around at 7pm, I'm going to start seeing bits here and there. And my hair is really black so even a bit will show up on my pasty skin hahaha

Oddly enough, I expected plucking to hurt way more than it did lol

• Michelle
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you ever keep the facial hair, grow beard ect...? If you do than scratch this Comment lol

Laser hair removal will reduce the amount of hair and the amount of hair that grows back. You may be able to get a couple days of no hair growth after one treatment. (It takes like 6 to really stat to reduce the hair) BUT your facial hair will forever be reduced lol so if you like to have facial hair sometimes, this would not be a great option. It is also no guarantee that you won’t have some new hair growth the next day, and it hurts hahahaha

Personally I don’t mind a little scruff BUT I do find my partners face to be the worst the eve of shaving and the next day. I would prefer no sandpaper facial hair for the wedding lol

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    PLEASE do not pluck all of your facial hair lol!!!! That will be SO painful and likely irritate your face more than shaving! It could also grow back patchy if you permanently damage some of the hair follicles.
    Have you considered getting a professional shave the morning of the wedding? I think they take additional steps to open your pores and soften the hair/skin to get a really close shave. I obviously don’t have facial hair so I could be wrong, but this is my understanding.
    Otherwise you may just have to shave as late as possible on the day and ask your photographer to work some photoshop magic if it really bothers you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics