Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sadia
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Share the invites!

Sadia, on April 22, 2020 at 20:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 21

Hi all! Since COVID has put a pause on all our planning I thought I would share my invites with you guys. It’s a little saddening knowing that if we postpone then I can’t really reuse the invites I have... I thought about maybe sticking a label over the old date with a new one once we’ve got it sorted. Anyways, I loved how they turned out! Super proud of myself for bringing my vision to life! If you have invites that you feel like you can’t use because you had to postpone, please share! I love looking at how beautiful and unique everyone’s invites are!

Share the invites! 1

21 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 10, 2020 at 22:50
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Share the invites! 2

Share the invites! 3

I had purchased my invitation kits (Gartner Studios) from Miachaels. All we had to do was go to gartner studios website and punch in our bar code on the box and it had our invitations right there. Edit it with the wording we wanted and then just printed them at home. Since we have had to postpone our wedding until next year we hadn't had sent out our invitations just yet. The paper will be the same as the save the date for the actual invitation.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are so nice!! hopefully you dont have to reschedule your date!!

• Jessica
    Beginner July 2021 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For those who are postponing and have already ordered their invitations through vista print with their original date, reach out to them! I did and they gave me a full credit to use towards the new invitations with the new date!
  • Kathy
    Curious June 2022 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! These are truly stunning! Great job Smiley smile

The invites are one of my favourite things to plan. Hoping by next year this will all blow over and I will be able to send them instead of a virtual invite.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw thank you! I learned online with The Happy Ever Crafter (https://www.thehappyevercrafter.com/). The workbooks are awesome and pretty affordable (and she’s Canadian as an added bonus). I haven’t gotten around to doing any workshops yet but I hear participating in them is super helpful. There are a bunch of calligraphers out there who offer similar programs so check them out and see what appeals to you Smiley smile
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are stunning and your calligraphy is exquisite. How’d you go about learning? In-person course or online tutorials? Thinking I may go this route as well with an extra year to plan!
  • Evelyn
    Beginner October 2021 Quebec
    Evelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Share the invites! 4
    I did our invitations on Vistaprint 🙂
    Our theme is white and gold 🙂
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw those are so beautiful! I love the little flower melted into the wax seal. Such a cute touch. And that's an awesome price for so many too!

The plan is to keep our date and reduce the size so some people will still get ours but lots will go to waste. I used vistaprint for the designs then added the ribbon and seal for a little extra oomph; my sister and I spent hours tag-teaming the seals. I learned calligraphy over the past year and a half so I could address envelopes myself too.

Share the invites! 5

Share the invites! 6

• Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow you did an amazing job.
  • L
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    LJ Hisey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Share the invites! 7
    Share the invites! 8

Believe it or not my FH was very picky and opinionated during this process. He wanted “simple and classy”. 😂
  • Tiffany
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those are beautiful!!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. The sticker idea sounds great for a cover up date plan.
  • Sadia
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Marsha... just our luck! I ordered around 300 invites, envelopes and 150 invites for our henna night. All in all it cost about $350! I designed them myself on Adobe Illustrator, I bought the watercolor flower images from a shop on Etsy and then had them all printed back home in Sri Lanka! My aunt shipped them here for me!
  • Sadia
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I think that’s exactly what I’ll do haha
  • Sadia
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are lovely!! You did a great job designing them Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Share the invites! 9
    This is the invite i had designed with the pattern chosen of vistaprint site.
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are beautiful. Sorry you were one of many brides that had to postpone their big day. It will all work out in the end.

How much wore they? And where did you orderd them from?
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love your invites!! And I really agree with Tori, I would for sure go the sticker route too!!

• Danielle
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Share the invites! 10
    This was a mock-up version, I don’t have a picture of the finished product. I sent mine out with a little card regarding a reschedule date and a link to our website to update as things change.
    Share the invites! 11

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The look so pretty - I would for sure go the route of just putting a sticker over the date with a revised one. I don't think invitations are that memorable compared to the wedding itself so I doubt people will care/ remember the sticker part.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful card and the colours look great! Our invites were modern and simple. Gray tone with a dark trim heart shaped crossed over.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics