Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Louise
Devoted September 2017 Quebec

Setting up-day of

Louise, on February 20, 2017 at 12:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17
Hi Ladies,
I was wondering how you will set up everything for your wedding? Are you hiring someone or are you doing it yourself? Originally we were going to set up the day before our wedding but I just found out someone booked our venue the day before so we are not able to do that anymore. Our venue has a coordinator and she will making sure the tables and her wait staff are good to go.
My fiancé thinks he can set up everything with the groomsmen the morning of, I think it might be stressful and I want him to enjoy his morning and not to worry about if he missed something.
We won't have that much stuff to organise- centrepieces, lights will have to be hung on the outside cocktail area and any additional decor we specifically want and the desserts will have to be delivered.
What will you ladies do?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Megan, on January 23, 2019 at 21:04
  • Megan
    Newbie April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can you share who you hired? I’ve been looking everywhere for someone that isn’t a day-of coordinator, and just a decorator/ setup and teardown person.

• Stephanie
    Curious August 2018 Nova Scotia
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm hoping to hire a "day of coordinator" or planner in hopes of taking away some of my stresses over the wedding weekend so I can really enjoy it family and friends.
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue is rented to only use for the entire weekend which is nice .. so I can set up with my gals all day friday if Id like and tear down all day Sunday ... i love that I dont have to feel rushed

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hired a decorator who will be decorating the room and outdoor courtyard the morning of. We also have a wedding planner will be making sure that everybody stays on track.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's awesome Louise!
  • Louise
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    *UPDATE* I spoke to our wedding venue coordinator and she told me that she is available to help but she will need direction from someone in my wedding party. We are planning on asking if the groom and groomsmen can get ready in our room then they will not have to go back and forth between the venue and our place. I think everything will be okay Smiley smile Thanks for your advice ladies.
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So I was thinking about this lately as well. We have a lot of family who could help out but I kind of want everyone to relax on the actual wedding day. I was looking into a Month of coordinator, starting to gather some quotes. First one I got was for 1200. Seems like a lot so I might ask for some help as a Christmas present this year or in combo with birthday from family.
  • Louise
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am hoping so, I contacted her to ask. It is not too much to do but it would be easier if she can do them instead. I will let you all know what she says. You guys are very lucky, I thought no one would book on a Friday. Fingers crossed for you all 👍🏻
  • Louise
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I won't be able to as our venue is 45 minutes away and I will be getting my hair and make up done. I am traditional and will not be seeing him until I walk down that aisle Smiley smile
  • Leah
    Frequent user April 2017 Quebec
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd go help him. We are setting up over two days the days before the wedding
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm lucky that we can get in the day before, but could you have someone at the venue set up (for a fee I assume)? I constantly am making sure someone hasn't booked my venue the day before, but worst case, my plan is just to have my parents and myself go to the venue as soon as we are allowed the morning of and just set up as quick as possible. The BM's can go get their hair and makeup done and I will just be last to do mine. That's my plan at least

• Louise
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is exactly the same for us except we can no longer set up the night before. You are lucky Chelsea. We will figure it out.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My venue sets up the tables, chairs, linens and all the decorations we are using from the hall. For us we get to set up the night before and really the only thing I need to do is centerpieces, we are having a memory table, guestbook, seating chart, and table numbers. Really just small things. We might have to put the chair covers on as well. But all the big decorating my venue takes care of so that we wont be as stressed out! Smiley smile

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One of my friends had a day-of coordinator for her wedding and she was able to give her all the decorations and she just ran with it. She said her DOC did a great job and it was a surprise for her and her husband when they walked into the reception. For us, we were supposed to set up the night before but we didn't make it before the restaurant closed so I went the morning of the wedding and set everything up with my sisters. (Luckily we had an afternoon ceremony so it didn't cut into our getting ready time) My husband and I had been hoping to set everything up together but we had decided that it was more important that I set everything up since it was mainly my ideas and I'm the perfectionist. Smiley winking If we could have afforded a DOC, I would have loved one but I still don't know if I would have trusted them to catch things like I do. The venue had set up all the tables and linens but they overset some of the tables and some things had to be moved so it's a good thing I checked!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh ok! I gotcha!!! We are doing anything else additional for decor except for flowers. And even I wish I could cut the costs on that too! I know in Ontario DOC is around $500. Not sure how much they are in QC.
  • Louise
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Lisa, our venue includes set up and takedown of their items so all the table, runners, cutlery and glasses are set up by the hall. Anything specific we want as decor, we will have to organise or pay some one to set it up.
    I am going to look around at prices to see how expensive or inexpensive it is.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm in a similar position. Eventhough our hall will be all set up by the venue , I'm wondering so we can fully enjoy ourselves , if it's best to get someone. I know there have been other brides that have said it was the best money they ever spent!! Just check in what the day of coordinator includes. They may not include set up and take down services. We didn't budget for it but if we have extra leftover we may hire one. We shall see!! Let us know what you decide.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics