Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kait
Curious September 2019 Ontario

Serving wedding cake to wedding party only?

Kait, on October 14, 2018 at 15:21 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

I'm stuck as I don't know what to do in this situation. All guests will be getting dessert with their meal plus I will have a dessert table filled with donuts and shortbread cookies as extra as well. I'm debating whether to have a cake just for my fiancé and I OR serve them to our head table as well? I should also mention there will be a late night station so it's not like anyone will be left hungry, it's just whether its proper equitte to serve only to the bride and groom or include the party as well? Thank You!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on October 15, 2018 at 20:44
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had the cake served to family only as other guests recieved a patry with their dessert.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it may kind of uncomfortable for some people if certain people are served cake but not others. You say you are having a dessert table. So maybe have the cake cut into very small pieces and then put on the dessert table. Or save the cake to serve to people the next day? Or just skip the cake altogether.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree to do what you want to do, BUT, if you're following etiquette, you should have enough cake to serve out to all of your guests. It would be rude to only serve it to the wedding party.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing cake and cupcakes, with the cake itself being only 1 tier. We only went with a cake as well for the cake cutting ceremony and trying to decide if we want to serve the wedding party cake too.

We also have served desserts and a late night snack station (thinking more sweets or poutine) and a chocolate fountain. I will probably ask them soon if they want cake as well or if cupcakes/dessert/chocolate fountain will be enough for them!

I would love to have leftovers for breakfast the next few days like Tori lol

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm in the same boat! We will have a sweet table and served desserts so we are only having a small 2 tier cake for cutting photos and to keep for ourselves! No one will be served any!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest just having a small one to cut. With the other desserts, I doubt you or your wedding party will even eat the cake, as usually the cake cutting is done later in the evening, after dessert.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be in a similar situation but I will basically only be using the cake for the purpose of having a cake cutting ceremony. I will probably only have one or two tiers in which me and my then hubby will have some and then the rest will probably be put away in the fridge so we may eat it for breakfast the next day or two Smiley tongue

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it is completely up to you. We will be doing a cake just for us and most likely won’t eat it until after the wedding.
    Sounds like you will have lots of sweets after dinner, I would talk to your FH and wedding party and see what they think and go from there

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics